Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 952 times)

Offline Kevin37

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
New Guy
« on: December 05, 2013, 08:59:06 pm »
Just joined today and thought id start a new thread to say hello!

Bought a mk5 golf gti earlier this year after my old audi decided it didn't like me any more. I don't have any pictures of it currently as its manky but its a standard black gti with the gti badge taken off the front grill. It was nicked but I grew to like it not being there so haven't replaced it yet.

I've got alot fo plans for it but it will be a long term thing as it more a when it breaks upgrade it and do bits and pieces thing, like the headunit I'm looking at a RCD510 but dont know where to get the software or can bus module from as the car is an 06 plate and i dont want the battery to die. So need to figure that one out. Heard there were a few guys on here who could help with the can bus and the headunit maybe?

:happy2:

Offline skriller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 09:41:50 pm »
It was nicked but I grew to like it not being there

This had me for a second... even though i had read the badge had been taken off  :rolleye:

Welcome  :happy2:
DSG No.0106 T Red

Offline Kevin37

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 09:50:01 pm »

This had me for a second... even though i had read the badge had been taken off  :rolleye:

Welcome  :happy2:

I wish that was the case but it was actually nicked, came out the house one day and and looked and it was gone  :surprised:

Offline skriller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 10:40:34 pm »
it will be kids...

I just put new dust caps on mine and they next time I left the house the same day they were gone...

Few weeks later, I see a kid from down the road with them on his bike! :fighting: I didn't want to threaten him so i just let it go.
DSG No.0106 T Red

Offline Kevin37

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 02:05:29 pm »
it will be kids...

I just put new dust caps on mine and they next time I left the house the same day they were gone...

Few weeks later, I see a kid from down the road with them on his bike! :fighting: I didn't want to threaten him so i just let it go.

Kids or hooligans. There's been a few things taken off cars recently, wheel trims and little things like that.

Best bet is to let it go otherwise it would just end up out of hand