Make a donation

Author Topic: money vs wheel decisions  (Read 1061 times)

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
money vs wheel decisions
« on: September 20, 2009, 08:12:51 pm »
hey guys
as some of you might know i,m a lil strapped for cash due to gf's new car which is cool, and we are considering moving in together officially so mu modding attempts will be curtailed a lil financally for a while so......
my wheel choices were to be good quality lm reps or alphards but i,m having a rethink temporarily as i also want a few other bits i want to add to the car.
so what the majority opinions.... i was going to keep the monzas and get blacked out as my winter options...so im thinking short term i can afford to get them painted satin black and change the look of the car and then save up untill next year when i can put the big full blown new wheels on.

what do you guys reckon?
full on stealth or not??

matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: money vs wheel decisions
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 09:07:17 pm »
Is your car black? Im not personally a fan of black on black but it can look nice, especially if you got the outer lip polished to break it up a bit  :happy2:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline nc35

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 14
Re: money vs wheel decisions
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 12:03:45 pm »
Hi Matsu

I was in a similar position, my Monzas turned out to be replicas.  I was recommended a wheel refurber near to where I live.  we arranged to meet and discuss options in advance of the refurb.  In the end we both agreed that the refurb would cost more than the wheels were worth!!!  Great guy could have said nothing and gone ahead with the refurb...

So after a few days of wondering what to do, decided to refurb and pain them myself.  Never done anything like this before, but I am really impressed with the results.  Hopefully they will last until I can find some genuine monzas.

There is a post on with a picture http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7721.new;topicseen#new

Don't know if this helps, but if you need a little more info, please just ask.

Cheers

Lee
No Golf anymore. 
Enjoyed the last five years of ownership of Mk5 & 6 GTIs.
Plus an excellent forum for knowledge and new ways to deplete the bank account.
Thank You Everyone.