Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk6 gti APR 10second car...  (Read 8432 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: Mk6 gti APR 10second car...
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2013, 12:15:14 pm »
How is your car these days Pov?

Fast, it spins it's wheels in 4th with the current weather

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2013, 12:18:54 pm »
I fail to get your point. APR built a bespoke car for marketing, doesn't mean it didn't do those times.

Also why isn't it a stage 3+ car?

My point? My point was originally that a stage 3+ car wouldn't do 10's. It isn't a stage 3+ car as Keith has already stated, it is beyond that and a custom car that regular APR customers simply cannot get. I didn't say that Guy hadn't done the time.

Edit....

A quote from Keith in the last 30mins.

"Basically, you can't buy this from APR anywhere in the world as a regular customer."

What's the points of showing what they can do but customers can't buy it!!!

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2013, 12:39:41 pm »
I fail to get your point. APR built a bespoke car for marketing, doesn't mean it didn't do those times.

Also why isn't it a stage 3+ car?

My point? My point was originally that a stage 3+ car wouldn't do 10's. It isn't a stage 3+ car as Keith has already stated, it is beyond that and a custom car that regular APR customers simply cannot get. I didn't say that Guy hadn't done the time.

Edit....

A quote from Keith in the last 30mins.

"Basically, you can't buy this from APR anywhere in the world as a regular customer."

What's the points of showing what they can do but customers can't buy it!!!

Car manufacturers do it all the time, or maybe it's part of their development program

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2013, 03:30:56 pm »
Define a stage 4 then Pov.

It isn't a APR video though. It's a Guy Harding performance video showing the world what he can do using some of APR's components and their software albeit bespoke.
Maybe it isn't an official APR video, but the average Joe wouldn't know that. If they then went to APR and asked for a stage 3+ upgrade for their TSI they would get a completely different kit, power level and hence performance.
He hasn't mislead anyone, no one should be under the impression the APR off the shelf kit can do those times as it's a completely different kit.
Again, why wouldn't they? They ask for a 3+ kit and would get a different product from APR!
Also APR kits don't do the times they say? That's not true at all, look at the TTRS and Golf R for example. The owners are posting faster times with their stage 3 kits than APR themselves state.
I didn't know APR posted official times, unless they were world records! So there are customers with 3+ cars that are quicker than 10.9? Or Golf R's quicker than 10.8?
Keith has called it a stage 3+ Car, my car is a stage 3+ Car and they have had the same sorta engine work from what I can tell, so I'm confused as to why it's not a stage 3+
Define a stage 4. I thought stage 4 was internals and a bigger turbo over the stage 3 kit, so a stage 4!
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2013, 03:39:38 pm »
How is your car these days Pov?

Fast, it spins it's wheels in 4th with the current weather

Bloody well should with over 600bhp! :signLOL:

Still want a shotgun ride Pov.  :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2013, 03:48:41 pm »
Is this faster than your car john ( hurdy ) ?  :popcornsoda:

Offline Tim144

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2013, 05:22:18 pm »

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2013, 05:32:14 pm »

Yes, much faster, for now!  :wink:
Golf R gone.

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2013, 05:43:25 pm »

Yes, much faster, for now!  :wink:
[/quote
Only winding you up john , out of the 2 cars i know which one id take !  :wink:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2013, 02:18:25 am »
The times have been verified to be genuine.

GoAPR  :driver:

Where?

The car may well have done the time, but APR is still showing the wrong state of tune, which contributed to this thread.

A stage 3 MK6 GTI is their kit with either a K04 or a GTX2867. Their Stage 3+ tune has the stage 3 kit, but with internals. So, with a GTX3071R and full internals the car is a full stage 4 car. So, once again APR "accidentally" misrepresent their product, cause confusion and argument and get up the hopes of customers who think they can buy a stage 3 kit with some internals and have a 10 second car!!

Guy Harding does make some awesome cars, but if you want a ten second car you have to go to Australia to have one built for you that works RELIABLY!  :wink:  :innocent:
Hurdy,

The goAPR website states the Stage 3+ setup for a 2.0TSI uses a GT3071R turbo.  So i guess they are quoting the correct level of tune/hardware for their Mk6 GTI.  (It states the Stage 3 setup on the 2.0TSI uses a GT2860RS unit

Garrett/Honeywell GT3071R Turbocharger capable of airflow levels approximately 25% higher than the Stage III GT2860RS unit. http://www.goapr.com/products/stage3plus_20_tsi_trans.html

Had it been an R with the 2.0TFSI then Stage 3 would have been the GTx2867R and as far as i recall the Stage 3 + uses the same turbo but with a flowed head and some other gubbins.  In that case what you said would have indeed been correct, but since it wasnt an R......its not  :innocent:

Might be worth retracting those winks  :wink:

On the figures front like you say a GT3071 is rated at approx 560Hp.  If they chuck on their flowed head, race fuel and no doubt a much more agressive software setup it will no doubt make more power again(as Statller did with their LO4xx), with some drag radials, a stripped out shell and who knows what else, so IMO its hardly surprising to see them topping the 1/4 miles!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 02:23:54 am by Janner_Sy »

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2014, 10:59:37 pm »
To conclude this topic we heard from the horses mouth itself:

you might have to correct that UK MK5 forum - registration is broken, so I can't join. for the record - this MK6 GTI DSG has 16,000km's on it - mostly as my daily driver. We built a fresh engine in September for it (as we borrowed the previous engine to put in our "Super Tiguan"), and that engine is bone stock except for APR Pistons & rods (.5mm oversize). It runs a totally stock head, the is no WM injection or nitrous. The used stage 3+ kit with the GT3071 was bolted straight up

We recalibrated it with the help of Jamie Harvey & Joel McKay at APR, it runs Sunoco GT260+ and it has made well over 500WHP on our in house dynapack. It has what we now call a production tune in it (as we work with APR to get "production" tunes to market - like the Golf R V3.4 AU / EU version). The car has a totally stock cylinder head - the only part that was prototype or "pre production" was the ROW TSI HPFP which I believe is for sale now.

We are building a customers car in house at the moment, same engine (Exactly), but this one will be faster (traction permitting) as it's a manual Octavia VRS that is stripped to bare essentials - so it will kick our cars arse - watch this record! the old record (last weeks) will be in for a hiding. http://goapr.com.au/media/index.html There are some media articles you might be interested in there John showing our work on the cars, and there is a build thread on this particular GTI (including engine & transmission) here: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/.../our-golf-gti-stage-3... Hope that clears it up - but feel free to ask any more questions.

P.S. Our Golf R which is still the worlds fastest 14 months on, it smashes the competition head to head in magazine tests & wins sprints & rallies outright against the competition. It has in internally gated 3076 GTX on it which has an inconel adapter onto a standard APR stage 3+ kit (all built in house) - it's street legal, runs a half cage in it & cut it's 1/4 mile times with 3.5 degrees of camber on it. You can't buy that turbo / adapter from APR, but the rest is theirs (including calibration).

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2014, 12:02:04 am »
Was that written by a child? It would explain their apparent difficulty in registering to the forum.

Well, I didn't want to have to do this, but we've stooped so low it needs ending now.

Your mum.

That's right. I did it. The universally recognised winner of all arguments response. They've got no comeback, go ahead and have a little cry to yourselves, there's nothing you could have done.

My apologies for having to use such an appalling tactic on the forum, but it had to be done. Lock the thread. Goodnight Vienna.
Sideways yo!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2014, 12:27:06 am »
Not an APR fan then TD  :grin:

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2014, 12:31:19 am »
Was that written by a child? It would explain their apparent difficulty in registering to the forum.

Well, I didn't want to have to do this, but we've stooped so low it needs ending now.

Your mum.

That's right. I did it. The universally recognised winner of all arguments response. They've got no comeback, go ahead and have a little cry to yourselves, there's nothing you could have done.

My apologies for having to use such an appalling tactic on the forum, but it had to be done. Lock the thread. Goodnight Vienna.

Well said tony  :congrats:

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6l76aob0g2k9ld2hm6lpu8083g&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2014, 12:32:11 am »
Haha... I've not heard that insult since 6th form!!  :signLOL: