Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your Revo question's and answer's in here please. ***  (Read 40052 times)

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Anyone got a Revo Select Plus ...No longer needed!
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2009, 07:54:43 pm »
IMO you'll see no difference in your peak hp upping your boost from 6 to 7.

You need to be careful if your run B7 and above with F8 on a car without an uprated hpfp as you are entering fuel cut territory.

....A question I've always forgotten to ask: Are these numeric values common to all tuner's remaps and stock ECU or only specific to Revo?

Okay, so if the peak hp doesn't increase when B7 from B6, doesn't the power delivery increase in the mid-range?

And is torque increased when B7 from B6? I actually don't want to increase my torque because I'm DSG and running about 300 ft lb / 400 Nm already.

:happy2:

RR these numbers are proprietery to revo and their switch.

Increasing the boost will shift the requested ecu boost to ramp up more quickly earlier in the rev range. In layman's term the throttle pedal becomes "more sensitive" . The actual peak boost value is not altered (for stage 2 iirc it's 22psi)

What it will not do is increase the overall boost curve as our k03s are tiny and can't be coaxed to produce a higher output safely.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2009, 08:00:11 pm »
Thanks Bacillus, that gives me some food for thought. Thanks again for taking the time to reply to me  :smiley: :smiley:

Chris.
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2009, 08:10:11 pm »
Also how come you know so much!? Do you work for a tuner / Revo? Very impressive  :smiley: :smiley:

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2009, 08:30:15 pm »
Also how come you know so much!? Do you work for a tuner / Revo? Very impressive  :smiley: :smiley:

Unfortunately no but I had to go through alot of these hurdles myself in trying to sort out stuff so alot of my 'experience' is self learned.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2009, 08:53:12 pm »

....I was going to ask exactly the same question. I even wondered if it was Kev or Carl using a disguised name!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2009, 09:19:49 pm »
If it aint broke then dont try and fix it is my moto!!

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2009, 10:56:14 pm »
The higher the number doesn't always mean more power as bacilious eludes to.  The car should be 'set up' by logging with VCDS and a higher boost or timing can actually cause a loss of power.  The fuel is a slightly differeent kettle of kippers, AFAIK the lower the number the richer the mixture. 

RR - Fuel 9 is not a default for all TFSi, like all of these settings it depends on your setup and is often linked to having a fuel pump upgrade fitted.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2009, 11:47:57 pm »
Keith at JKM originally set the fuel to 8, as that was where he was happy for it to be. He said that running it at 9 makes it too lean for his liking.

However, you are right in that Revo are adamant that 9 is the right setting. I simply don't know who to believe.

&

RR - Fuel 9 is not a default for all TFSi, like all of these settings it depends on your setup and is often linked to having a fuel pump upgrade fitted.

....There may be a misunderstanding but I didn't mean F9 was a default but what Revo HQ were strongly recommending on the 2.0T FSI.

I think we should get clarification from them on Monday :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2009, 07:48:28 am »
Keith at JKM originally set the fuel to 8, as that was where he was happy for it to be. He said that running it at 9 makes it too lean for his liking.

However, you are right in that Revo are adamant that 9 is the right setting. I simply don't know who to believe.

&

....There may be a misunderstanding but I didn't mean F9 was a default but what Revo HQ were strongly recommending on the 2.0T FSI.

I think we should get clarification from them on Monday :happy2:

Keith told me that he never ran the cars he tuned on Fuel 9, which immediately made me think of you Robin, because I distinctly remember you telling me that your fuel was on 9! Yes, clarification would be good I think!  :smiley: :smiley:

Once again, thanks Stu and Bacillus for your input.

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2009, 10:31:27 am »
^^^^
Keith tuned me at Stage1 but Rev HQ tuned me at Stage2, hence F9, hence clarification needed - I'll email both Revo and JKM today and include a link to this thread.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2009, 11:15:57 am »
As I've tried to explain, F9 is probably the most common setting for TFSi however if when the software is installed or in fact when you log the car yourself you can see that you have a decent fuel pressure and that the other factors such as good air flow and good fuel as well as the CF allow then the fuel setting can be altered.  It's certainly not set in stone.

This is a good read - http://www.revotechnik.com/products/pdf/SelectPlus_AdvancedUserGuide_V0707.pdf

As another example, when Keith setup my car it was on B7 - T5 - F8.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 11:17:51 am by vRStu »
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2009, 11:27:25 am »
^^^^
Sorry if we me is being ffick, Stu - Ta for the info :happy2: - It eventually gets interesting at page 7, if I can make sense of it, but it gets a bit too technical for my interest - I just want to know which settings work best on my car, F8 or F9, that simple. I think Chris wants to know the same.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 11:30:02 am by RedRobin »

Offline Max Q

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2009, 12:35:10 pm »

I emailed Revo to get the skinny on this a few months ago and the answer I got is that you should be running F9. I won't post the whole email here, but this is what Carl from Revo HQ told me;

'The fuel setting wants to be 9 to get the most out of the vehicle due to the fuel pump being a massive limitation on your vehicle.'

To WhiteGTI,

If you are going to change your Revo settings away from the recommended settings to try and squeeze a bit more out of the car, just make sure you do a VAG-COM data log after each change so you can see exactly what the effect of the change is. If you are not doing this, I would suggest not tinkering with the settings and just leave the Revo recommended settings in place, (B6T5F9). This is very important, as you won't be able to tell the effect of the change from the 'seat of your pants', or the engine noise. From my experience the most sensitive parameter is the timing (CF), and it can be affected by changing the boost/fuel without specifically changing your timing setting. Also I would suggest that running at timing 6 is probably a little high unless you are running a very high octane fuel with additives, but again the only way to find out if your ECU is pulling timing (CF value in VAG-COM) is to do a data log run in the car. I found that I was getting more than optimum timing pull, which kills your peak power developed with T6. I've experimented extensively using a lot of different combinations of settings and checking the results in a data log and I've found the safest and best compromise settings are the recommended settings B6T5F9. Just my t'pence worth..
MkV GTI, DSG, Revo'd.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2009, 12:58:36 pm »
^^^^
Good value t'pence worth!

B6-T5-F9 as recommended by Revo is what I'm currently running. I'm curious what Keith @ JKM has to say.

This is the end of the thread below is the start of a new one.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 08:54:34 pm by Top Cat »

Offline SteveS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 10
*** All your Revo question's and answer's in here please. ***
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2009, 11:16:52 am »
I saw on seats forum, that AMDessex are offering free RR with the REVO offer, (before and after).
sounds like a great deal.

I have emailed them for more info, but would anyone else be interested?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:33:32 am by SteveS »

SOLD!! :(
VW GTI Edition 30 No. 0551
Revo Stage2+ (LT) | Evoms Intake, K&N Filter | VWR LSD | Milltek R32 TBE | VWR Engine Mounts | VWR Big Front & S3 Rear Brakes | VWR Springs |  VWR Shortshift | SuperPro Bushes |  Recaro Seats