Make a donation

Author Topic: Polo 6R bulb change.  (Read 792 times)

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Polo 6R bulb change.
« on: December 27, 2013, 10:49:16 am »
Can anyone help me. Needing to change the far right hand side bulb on my gf's polo, its the latest polo think that is 6R. Had a go yesterday but failed. The opening I need to get into there is no room it is hard right up against wing/chasis. Even with the battery out there was no chance. I had the 8 torx out on top of the headlight so the headlight was flapping about but it would not come out for me to get my hand in? Surely its not a bumper off job.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stevie.  :happy2:

Offline Llew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 17
Re: Polo 6R bulb change.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 11:15:36 am »
You probably need to take the headlight out - two Torx at the top and it should be able to wiggle/ manoeuvre out with a little elbow grease
Golf 2006 tdi 140pd, dsg paddles,blue interior led lights,r32 rear bumper, cruise control,vcds,highline , r32 mfsw steering wheel, gti front bumper,miltek decat.

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 11:39:57 am »
Thanks Llew. I had all the torx out. I was worried about breaking something but I put a little force in and it wouldnt come out. Is it held at the bottom?

Stevie.

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 01:21:22 pm »
Quote from another forum:

"Unscrew the 2 torx screws holding the top of the headlight (I assume the middle screw holding the bit of plastic is used as a guide for putting the unit back in). Then all you need to do is push the unit out, give it a bit of a wiggle (up and down holding the back of the unit worked best for me) as it will probably be a bit stiff.

Remember to disconnect any cables connected to the light unit before pulling it out, you do get a bit of play on the cable length.

When sliding back in there are 2 clips/slots that the bottom of the light unit slides into so remember to line them up."

Offline Llew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 01:55:15 pm »
Hold it at the back
Golf 2006 tdi 140pd, dsg paddles,blue interior led lights,r32 rear bumper, cruise control,vcds,highline , r32 mfsw steering wheel, gti front bumper,miltek decat.

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 02:25:57 pm »
Thanks for that. Seems I just needed a little more elbow grease. Maybe those slider clips holding it in.

Cheers, stevie.  :drinking:

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 11:17:44 pm »
Have to say thanks for the help. Saved me a lot of cash. That guide is spot on. My local ingrams vw wanted to remove the front bumper.

Cheers,  stevie.  :drinking: