Make a donation

Author Topic: Omega Seamaster Crown Problem  (Read 7884 times)

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: Omega Seamaster Crown Problem
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 02:00:42 pm »
^^^^ you'd need a hell of a lot of Clubcard points for a decent watch service.  :laugh:

I had my Omega PO XL serviced a couple of years ago (after about 5 years of ownership) for £195 at the same place I bought it.

Tesco clubcard vouchers can be swapped for Goldsmiths vouchers and you get 3 x the value of clubcard vouchers , so £100 worth becomes £300 , expect this will cover it .

We have had a 2 week holiday in Gran Canaria on clubcard vouchers and the Omega itself was bought with them too , this was when you could get 4x on the vouchers too

In that case I REALLY must find out what my wife does with all the Clubcard vouchers, bet she's squirrelling them all away for another Mulberry handbag!!   

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 04:44:34 pm »
^^^^ you'd need a hell of a lot of Clubcard points for a decent watch service.  :laugh:

I had my Omega PO XL serviced a couple of years ago (after about 5 years of ownership) for £195 at the same place I bought it.

Tesco clubcard vouchers can be swapped for Goldsmiths vouchers and you get 3 x the value of clubcard vouchers , so £100 worth becomes £300 , expect this will cover it .

We have had a 2 week holiday in Gran Canaria on clubcard vouchers and the Omega itself was bought with them too , this was when you could get 4x on the vouchers too

In that case I REALLY must find out what my wife does with all the Clubcard vouchers, bet she's squirrelling them all away for another Mulberry handbag!!   

I think if you pay for Tesco fuel with a tesco credit card you get increased clubcard points.  :happy2:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 05:59:24 pm »
^^^^ you'd need a hell of a lot of Clubcard points for a decent watch service.  :laugh:

Many people just use them to pay for stuff at tesco at the face value others are a little more switched on

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/

For your £5 Tesco voucher you can get £20 for Restaurants like Pizza Express and Prezzo

Also buying specific stuff in tesco boosts your points quite dramatically with those vouchers that they send you and alot of people throw away, get a Tesco Credit card and every pound spent gets 2 points  etc

It help to have a wife that works there too  :happy2:

2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline mrxbox360

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 10
  • My Ride: 2008 Golf Mk5 GT TDI Sport 5dr Reflex Silver Personal Enchanced
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 06:16:50 pm »
iv had various watches over the years tag - omega etc & I'm now using citizen red arrows & it seems a great watch for the price http://www.citizenwatch.com/en-uk/watches/watch-detail/?model=JY0100-59E#filters=0100-59E

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 11:58:55 am »
Took it to Goldmsiths , last serviced April 2010 , so no guarantee there !

£440 is the estimate to replace the crown , so don't overtighten yours !

So now i have had a expensive few weeks just repairing stuff , Rear door lock/window problem ED30 £350 , New Battery £75 , New freezer £700 , New shed (Tree fell on it) £800 and wife had her eyes repaired £4000 (Lens replacement)

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2013, 04:35:58 pm »

So now i have had a expensive few weeks just repairing stuff , Rear door lock/window problem ED30 £350 , New Battery £75 , New freezer £700 , New shed (Tree fell on it) £800 and wife had her eyes repaired £4000 (Lens replacement)
Bloody hell, you have had an expensive time of it!! Does it fall within the service parameters or does it specifically need to be repaired?

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2013, 04:37:48 pm »

Bloody hell, you have had an expensive time of it!! Does it fall within the service parameters or does it specifically need to be repaired?

Omega are pretty good at only charging what they have to , so the estimate is £440 , hopefully be less  :sad1:

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2014, 07:59:28 am »
OMG , I never realised so many members were watch  fanatics that quote at £440 is very similar to Rolex service costs @ £465.

My new watch is the 50th anniversary Daytona weighing just over 10 oz  and has a box the size off a small brief case, Quite possibly the last watch I will ever buy 50th Anni for my 50th Birthday !. I have been buying and selling watches for 20 yrs and have done ok

I have  a Brand new 40th 007 ltd edition Omega in the safe from Dec 2002  so it has sat there 11yrs bought it for my little boy when he was James Bond mad at 7 yr old cost £1300 ,I think looking at sites he could sell it for 2k now to a collector , When he got to 18 I gave him my 20yr old Submariner after a service and new bracelet new crystal and bezel insert and EYE Watering service invoice but it looked like brand new.

Watches are better investments than cars . unless you buy the wrong brand like Bs

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2014, 08:39:05 am »
The first service on my PO was free, because it was in warranty.  And because they took so long sorting it (3 months) they gave me a voucher for the next service free  :smiley:  However my strap is quite worn so I will have some costs come next service
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2014, 12:27:36 pm »
Bloody hell scooba you are one lucky guy, I love Daytonas, that is on my list next but will probably have to sell one or two to justify it! Your right though if you buy the right watch they are a great investment, I got a 50th Anniversary Submariner and that now will fetch about £1500 - £2000 more than what it cost me about 2-3 years ago! :happy2:

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2014, 12:52:27 pm »
As a side issue Goldmsiths i went to now longer do Omega or Rolex , they were so chuffed they didn't sell them anymore due to security issues and other conditions imposed by Rolex to being an authorised retailer . A jeweller nearby took over the Rolex authorised dealer and they had an armed robbery 2 days later !

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2014, 01:08:26 pm »
That's the problem with retailing high end jewellery the manufacturers dictate more and more what their retailers must have in the window, where it is to be placed, etc, etc. all of a sudden they are running your business for you.
I must admit I keep all my watches and paperwork separately incase I get broken into, watches are worth a lot less without it!

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2014, 02:01:15 pm »
Bloody hell scooba you are one lucky guy, I love Daytonas, that is on my list next but will probably have to sell one or two to justify it! Your right though if you buy the right watch they are a great investment, I got a 50th Anniversary Submariner and that now will fetch about £1500 - £2000 more than what it cost me about 2-3 years ago! :happy2:

What serial number is the LV ? is it a early 2003 on a Y series, I have a LV that is stashed away and a couple off Subs and a sea dweller also a couple off DJs, I also have sold two 18k Daytonas a 18K WGSub and a SS Daytona

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2014, 02:15:10 pm »

What serial number is the LV ? is it a early 2003 on a Y series, I have a LV that is stashed away and a couple off Subs and a sea dweller also a couple off DJs, I also have sold two 18k Daytonas a 18K WGSub and a SS Daytona
I wish, no my LV is an M series so it's a later model. You've certainly had a few, do you trade in them? I keep promising myself a SS Daytona one day. :happy2:

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2014, 04:25:35 pm »
Trade , Not really but i had used my AD for 20+ years and get very good deals , I have always bought what I like  and have done very well on some and been crucified on others , So have learnt the game as I went along , FWIW I had 40 + watches 18 months ago and have sold at least 25 off them . I regularly use new turf a watch forum mainly aimed at Rolex , turf is the ultimate rolex forum .

I had bought more watches than I could remember and even though I had no pressure to sell I found my self wondering what I had bought , I have sold more than I should and will pick up some more along the way as and when things catch my eye but the days off buying because I think I have a deal are gone.

You want a SS Daytona  what colour dial ? I have found the Daytona wears small but this new 50th has a larger case  and just the weight off it makes it feel right. it also fits nicely under the radar the Yellow and Rose gold  are so nice but can be to obvious and get the wrong attention.