Make a donation

Author Topic: Rns 510 with cd changer and aux possible?  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Luke s

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Rns 510 with cd changer and aux possible?
« on: January 12, 2014, 10:26:14 am »
I have an 05 gti and want to upgrade to an rns510 from my standard rcd300. I would like to keep my existing cd changer as a lot of my music is still on cd but would also like to have an aux input so I can listen to music from my IPhone I'm not worried about charging or controlling the iPhone from the head unit just want the sound.i have found a kit on eBay that you can do this with but it doesnt show the aux input and I'd like it to look as oem as possible either by a socket below the armrest or the socket by the ESP switch has anyone done this? Any help would greatly recieved

Luke

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
Re: Rns 510 with cd changer and aux possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 10:34:12 am »
I think there are switching boxes which allow you to have both. I've never used them so can't say if they work well.
Easier and better solution would be to put all of your music onto your iPhone and use a proper iPod kit that allows you to control the iPod from the headunit.. who uses CDs these days!  :popcornsoda:

Offline Luke s

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 09:40:09 pm »
Hi cheers for the reply don't currently have a pc only iPad as laptop went down the spout and can't justify buying music I already have again via download and I have so many CDs I wouldn't have enough room on my iPhone to fit even half so just stick to stuff I buy on my phone well still using the CDs

Luke

Offline GTI-Pirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 10:40:07 pm »
Assuming you mean; RNS-510 + 6CD Changer + Aux (3.5mm Stereo Jack) under the arm-rest. I have all 3 - OEM fitment from the factory.  :happy2:

2017 Audi S4

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 08:12:20 am »
Rip your cd's to the hard drive on the RNS510, no need for the cd changer. Then replace the cd changer with this. Link.
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline Luke s

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 04:21:43 pm »
Assuming you mean; RNS-510 + 6CD Changer + Aux (3.5mm Stereo Jack) under the arm-rest. I have all 3 - OEM fitment from the factory.  :happy2:

Do you have any more info on the kit needed for this? I presume if fitted oem I can get it from the dealer they had aux kits on there computer but the parts bloke didn't no what I would need to run both aux and cd changer as he thought the aux went into the cd changer plug on the head unit

Cheers
Luke