Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk7 Golf R - Good lease deals..  (Read 17413 times)

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
Mk7 Golf R - Good lease deals..
« on: January 15, 2014, 11:20:03 am »
As above, my mate just showed me this. Gateway2Lease offering a pretty good lease on brand new Golf Mk7 R's.

24 month contract
6 months deposit followed by 23 months payments
Maintained (tyres, servicing)
10,000 miles a year

£293 a month.

Think that's a pretty good deal for a brand new Mk7 R?

Anyone tempted or seen any other deals?

http://www.gateway2lease.com/z_volkswagen_golf_2.0tsir3dr-fullymaintained_15110_leasing.php#.UtZpQnggHCQ
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:26:38 am by Shorty »
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Re: Mk7 Golf R - Good lease deals..
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 12:00:32 pm »
that sounds very good when you compare the rate against an octavia vrs, focus st or s3  :party: :party:
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 12:05:20 pm »
It's £306 a month for a DSG model.

Very good considering thus a fully maintained contract, includes tax too. So all you have to do is insure and fuel it.

Cheap way to own a £30k Golf R.
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=jki1j8712fbcbmhajm5l97ubpu&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 12:14:49 pm »
So after 3 years youve spent 11K and have nothing to show for it.  :stupid:

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 12:17:06 pm »

After 3 years the car will be worth 11k less.

So you will have the cash you sell your current car for in the bank, you can go out and buy a mk7 golf gti.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=jki1j8712fbcbmhajm5l97ubpu&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 12:19:07 pm »

So you will have the cash you sell your current car for in the bank, you can go out and buy a mk7 golf gti.

Eh?

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 12:25:16 pm »

Eh?

You sell the ed30 bank the cash. Go get a lease car. Yes you pay 11k over 3years but you still have the cash from the sale of the ed30.

It's all relative,

If you go buy a mk7 gti pay 11k over 3years the car is still only worth the loan you have on it.

Obviously the best way is not to buy the car lol.

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 12:48:00 pm »

sorry but that doesn't add up

you have to pay the lease £11k

so if Rich sells the ED30 for £11k he uses all of that for the lease payments and has nothing at the end

or he keeps the ED30 and in 3 years time has over £5k should he sell
Eh?

You sell the ed30 bank the cash. Go get a lease car. Yes you pay 11k over 3years but you still have the cash from the sale of the ed30.

It's all relative,

If you go buy a mk7 gti pay 11k over 3years the car is still only worth the loan you have on it.

Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 12:54:57 pm »

sorry but that doesn't add up

you have to pay the lease £11k

so if Rich sells the ED30 for £11k he uses all of that for the lease payments and has nothing at the end

or he keeps the ED30 and in 3 years time has over £5k should he sell
Eh?

It's all relative,

You are looking at it differently to what I was trying to explain. I was comparing buying a new mk7 gti vs leasing. Like I said in the next post, not buying is the cheapest option.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 01:41:15 pm »
Wow, thats a fantastic deal.

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 03:18:35 pm »
Firstly you never actually own the car. While some are OK with that I am very fond of being able to say "something's mine".
As Rich said after 2 years you have NOTHING. You're basically renting a car.
10k a year is simply not enough for the average person who does 200 miles a week that is already 10,400 miles .

The reason they're doing it is simple, it's happening to loads of cars, 135m, BMW M5 F60 or whatever it is (the new stupid one) , Merc AMGs, it's so that in 2 years the market is flooded with fully dealer serviced models with 20k or less on the clock that can easily be flogged on in car dealerships.

If you had NO car now and wanted a new car it would be worth considering but if you have a car already you're basically paying for a really expensive taxi service .

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 03:50:47 pm »
Firstly you never actually own the car. While some are OK with that I am very fond of being able to say "something's mine".
10k a year is simply not enough for the average person who does 200 miles a week that is already 10,400 miles .

The reason they're doing it is simple, it's happening to loads of cars, 135m, BMW M5 F60 or whatever it is (the new stupid one) , Merc AMGs, it's so that in 2 years the market is flooded with fully dealer serviced models with 20k or less on the clock that can easily be flogged on in car dealerships.

If you had NO car now and wanted a new car it would be worth considering but if you have a car already you're basically paying for a really expensive taxi service .

Its no different to most PCP agreements. Except they usually cost more, with bigger deposits. The money you spend on leasing it, will be comparable to the depreciation (well, a little higher) but these companies buy in bulk to receive competitive discounts. Its not an issue, you are not looking at it in the right way.

Also, the mileage can be adjusted. You have to just ask for a quote.

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 04:14:09 pm »
Who was your mate Dave  :laugh: A car is a depreciating asset, so what we are looking at here is the way you manage that loss  :jumpmove:
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails
2014 Mk7 Golf R on Order...

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 04:18:35 pm »

Its no different to most PCP agreements. Except they usually cost more, with bigger deposits. The money you spend on leasing it, will be comparable to the depreciation (well, a little higher) but these companies buy in bulk to receive competitive discounts. Its not an issue, you are not looking at it in the right way.

Also, the mileage can be adjusted. You have to just ask for a quote.

Exactly, if anyone is after a brand new Golf R then this is a very good way of owning one.

You could get a PCP deal and put down a big depo then after 3 years have a massive balloon payment in which case a lot of people give the car back and start again anyway.

Even if i had 30k in the bank and wanted one of these I'd probably still get one through a lease deal like this and keep my money in the bank.

Worked out it would cost £8500 over 2 years to own one, that's tax'd and maintained too remember..
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:20:58 pm by Shorty »
| Mk7 R |

Offline N8KOW

• Detailer - 2014
  • Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 7
    • Kowalski Details
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 04:21:41 pm »
Yeah that's it lad.
IG: http://instagram.com/kowalskidetails