Make a donation

Author Topic: Rust warranty that's went wrong  (Read 1814 times)

Offline WESTU123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Rust warranty that's went wrong
« on: January 27, 2014, 09:04:40 pm »
So the story begins found a bit of rust on my wing and quarter panel two tiny spots
Me being fussy I took it to vw and got it approved under warranty great I thought :smiley:
So went into body shop said it would take one week ,week went past no phone call or anything .
I contacted them said car was ready that nite great went to collect the car and wow it looked liked
It was painted with a brush ( kilbirnie street arnold Clarke,Glasgow ).
Told them I wasn't excepting the paint work and the body shop manager agreed with me .so the next day the car was re painted .
This is when it really starters to go wrong ,as I was getting dropped off to collect the car there was my car sitting with the alarm going off ok I thought maybe not been locked rite,
So done a walk round of car was dark this time so couldn't inspect it rite went to open the car and the key thob wasn't working ,went and started the car up and my traction light was on
Walked straight back in and got a hold of the manager and explained the problems  he said will need to look into it
So next day I had a good look at paint work again and oh yes there is a big dirty lacquer run on the quarter panel  :fighting:
Adventualy after two days of arguing got a courtesy car dropped off to me and the car got taken into vw Kilmarnock road glasgow for the key thob issue and traction light problem .
Next day got a phone call they only managed to programme one of my keys thobs (two we're working before ) and vw had replaced my abs pump under good will gesture BUT while on test drive the epc light came on and there was a fuel pressure fault code
I explained was no faults before car went in but service manager wanted an hour  labour from to investigate fault code
I told them no chance I was paying any money and was threatened if the courtesy car was not returned the police were getting contacted .
So on Saturday went to collect my car and I carried out a diagnostic test in front of the body shop manager (I work for vw /audi approved garage ) and surprise surprise they have broken my high pressure fuel pump sensor .
Even after diagnosing and showing the body shop manager he still wasn't excepting to fix or do anything with my car
So now I'm left with my car still not painted properly and needing a high pressure fuel pump  :fighting: :fighting:

Offline G40will

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Re: Rust warranty that's went wrong
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 09:30:28 pm »
Bad times mate! what would cause the pump to fail?

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 09:36:42 pm »
Jeez.. thats a disgrace!!

I think you should type out a timeline of events documenting what's happened so far and the current situation. Next, call VW services to log a complaint - get a case opened and email in the time line of events. Do the same thing at the dealership by contacting the dealership principle directly.
Fingers crossed this well get your (sorry) situation resolved quickly!

Hope this helps

Rich

Offline martin@gti.co.uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 09:43:39 pm »
Wow..shady barstewardss... :sick:

Try to complain to your local vw dealership. Take the car there and let them deal with the aproved bodyshop garage..
Try to gather some evidence if possible. Sounds like real disgrace...

Its a tough one mate. Fingers crossed it goes all well.

Offline WESTU123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 10:00:11 pm »
I opened a case with vw uk at the start and now basically they say there's nothing they can do.
They stand by the dealer that it wasn't there fault even though the body shop manager and driver that collected my car
Both agree the car was driving fine before it went in there .
They tech in the dealer has leaned on the fuel pump when replacing the abs pump and broken the fuel pressure sensor  :fighting:
I opend a case with arnold Clarke customer services today and they said they try to resolve problem in 48 hours so hopefully hear somthing tomorrow

Offline greygti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 11:11:59 pm »
Nightmare mate !! I hate shoddy workmanship esp paintwork , bad crack about the sensor on the fuel pump as well

Offline mac456

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 11:56:32 pm »
Nightmare, exactly why I'm am taking mine elsewhere plus they will only pay 50% towards it.

You may have to take it to small claims court if it comes to it.

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 12:08:32 am »
How did they manage to break the HPFP sensor while it was in for paintwork and an ABS Pump replacement?
I avoid VW bodyshops now. I had a horrible time with Ridgeway (my local one) and a guy at work also had terrible experiences with them.

Once you find a good quality bodyshop and bother to give the mate some work and business prices will get very very reasonable indeed.

Offline WESTU123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 08:31:17 pm »
We update today car went back into dealers and they have admitted it was there fault so they
Are paying for new fuel pump

Offline scopes

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 08:41:43 pm »
I would not want that same garage near my car again  :scared: even to fix there own problems...
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !