Make a donation

Author Topic: My diamond black GTI....now with Ramair CAI  (Read 20505 times)

Offline K1NGY14

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: My diamond black GTI
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2014, 02:21:33 pm »
This is a lovely example mate, I'm looking at this as inspiration for mine

Offline JimmyC92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88339.msg896687.html#msg896687
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2014, 04:56:18 pm »
Mint example mate! Trying to get my paintwork to that standard  :happy2:
Looking for some BBS CH/LM Reps to swap for my Classix plus cash your way:
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,91888.msg924311.html#msg924311

Offline LowProfile

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2014, 08:41:13 am »
Loving the little touches you've made mate! Cant wait to see it on the coilovers, where did you get the carbon mirrors from?

Offline jaye2992

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2014, 07:11:11 pm »
Looks great and very clean! Where did you get the number plates from? Look good!

Offline M9xxr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2014, 09:35:01 pm »
very very very tidy looking car! I've been looking at those badges on eBay, are they good quality? i broke my standard one swapping grills and these are a lot cheaper! you keeping it oem as possible?

Offline BarberVW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2014, 09:54:46 pm »
Do you mind sharing where you bought the red GTI letter sticker mate?

Hi Numec, got them from a seller on eBay called vcstickers a few weeks back, he doesn't seem to have anything for sale now, might be worth a pm?

This is a lovely example mate, I'm looking at this as inspiration for mine

Thank you

Mint example mate! Trying to get my paintwork to that standard  :happy2:

Cheers mate, it's a pain in the ar*e but well worth it.

Loving the little touches you've made mate! Cant wait to see it on the coilovers, where did you get the carbon mirrors from?

Thanks, I need to pull my finger out and get them installed, most likely early 2015 when the weather shows signs of improvement. I got the mirrors off someone on here a while back, no idea of there origins sorry!

Looks great and very clean! Where did you get the number plates from? Look good!

Thanks Jaye, unfortunately it's not always this clean  :jumping: number plates are eBay item 321413552350 great quality.

very very very tidy looking car! I've been looking at those badges on eBay, are they good quality? i broke my standard one swapping grills and these are a lot cheaper! you keeping it oem as possible?

Thank you very much, they are 'so far so good', fairly scratch resistant (I tested them  :P) and as you say a fair price which is what made me try them. Still not sure if I like them tbh but it's no trouble to swap them back if you don't like them really, just extra expense. I'm still tidying it up and funds have been tied up getting it mechanically sound, 2015 should be the year of some proper mods.

Black 3 Door Manual | Bi-xenons | Winter pack | Luxury pack2 | Cruise control | Highline display | MFSW | 18" Monza 2's | Armrest | Glovebox MDI | Blue tint glass

Offline jaye2992

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2014, 09:57:48 pm »
I know the feeling mine is filthy :( haha. Cheers I will take a look

Offline numec

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2014, 01:26:05 pm »
I cant seem to find vcsticker in ebay anymore  :confused:
Bought some from them last year but need another for my other car..
Thanks for sharing bud..

Offline Lucas_Pirelli

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
  • My Ride: MK V GTI Pirelli
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2014, 10:03:53 am »
Ive noticed a lot of posts lately about people taking their cars into vw with rust problems, is there a lifetime warranty on paint that i dont know about? my car is almost immaculate apart from the smallest bit of rust just in the small gap underneath the rear side window.... could this be sorted?

Car looks great by the way, my pirelli is hibernating in the garage till summer, cant wait to get it back out after seeing yours  :laugh:

Offline BarberVW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: My diamond black GTI....now with Ramair CAI
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2015, 02:51:02 pm »
Clean car pic to get started:

Now, there's been a bit of interest recently surrounding the ramair cold air intake due to it being a bit of a bargain buy on sale at £155. Well I went and bought one!

The kit comes with 70mm diameter black hard piping, good quality black silicone hoses and black anodized jubilee clips. Not to mention a foam filter bigger than my head. It also has a black bracket which I can't figure out where the heck it goes but it's all fairly solid so not to worried. It also comes with a heat shield which I thought made this kit excellent value, it does however come perilously close to one of my coolant pipe: I've had to add some rubber edging to it to minimise the risk of the metal edges chafing through and causing me a headache.

Pic fitted:

It makes some decent sounds:

I have nothing to compare this to other than the stock airbox, so can't say how it compares to other aftermarket solutions, but I have no grumbles whatsoever for the price. It has affected the old mpg negatively, but I put that down to the car needing to be mapped to match the new hardware, which is coming soon.

The butt dyno tells me there is some loss of torque low down but it's dwarfed by its new capabilities towards the top, it span the wheels in the dry in 3rd the other day which has never happened before.

If anyone had any questions or comments fire away, hopefully have more updates soon.

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:19:38 pm by BarberVW »

Black 3 Door Manual | Bi-xenons | Winter pack | Luxury pack2 | Cruise control | Highline display | MFSW | 18" Monza 2's | Armrest | Glovebox MDI | Blue tint glass

Offline BarberVW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2015, 04:04:37 pm »
Added a gloss black front badge and had a play with a photo app for my phone:

Offline Dave(tm)

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89462.0.html
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2015, 04:45:42 pm »
Looks good, and a lot like mine (except cleaner and with less doors).

Do you have a link to the video? Can't seem to get it to launch from the thumbnail...

Dave

Offline th3_f15t

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2015, 05:45:27 pm »
I'd be interested to see how the MPG is effected after a re-map, and how you get on with the RamAir CAI after a few thousand miles.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline BarberVW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2015, 11:52:40 pm »
Looks good, and a lot like mine (except cleaner and with less doors).

Do you have a link to the video? Can't seem to get it to launch from the thumbnail...

Dave

Hi Dave, this should do it

I'd be interested to see how the MPG is effected after a re-map, and how you get on with the RamAir CAI after a few thousand miles.

I'll keep my eye on it and post findings as and when. Do you know something I don't? What happens in a few thousand miles  :scared:

Offline AndyBrown

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2015, 02:01:48 am »
What app did use for the photos? Looks awesome!