Make a donation

Author Topic: Premium Wax recomendations  (Read 8263 times)

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Premium Wax recomendations
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 02:43:49 pm »
Didn't know that. Got the Desire at a discount (used cleanyourcar points to get it a lot cheaper) so not as significant harm done. I have tried their interior dressing and quick detailer and they're okay but not massively impressed. I feel a lot of cost goes to the OTT packaging. It's like they're trying to make themselves the new swissvax or something.

I heard rumours that supernatural was just one of dodo juices double waxes (think it was the soft wax). Any truth to this?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Marc-5-GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 07:07:01 pm »
Don't get suckered into premium products. I wasted £100 on DJ Supernatural and I was sorely disappointed. Quite like the new autofinesse desire.

Which is EXACTLY the same as this just at half the price!
http://www.angelwax.co.uk/?wpsc-product=desirable

Because Angelwax made it and Autofinesse whored it out. Like so many of their products.

Jesus! I did not know that! So it genuinely is, exactly the same stuff just re badged?!

Cheers jay, getting that!!
3dr Reflex Silver GTI | BBS VZ | Eibach Sportlines | Cumbria

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 09:16:02 pm »
Well, yes.
Desire was originally a 20 wax run

Desired is this original wax.

The newer Desire is another wax. I don't know who made it. Some people said that it was a copy of the original wax, others say it was a variation of the original, some say it was completely new from another manufacturer.

If you want AF Tough Coat you can also buy that much cheaper from the direct chemical company (Car-chem)

Offline Marc-5-GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2014, 09:59:26 pm »
Well, yes.
Desire was originally a 20 wax run

Desired is this original wax.

The newer Desire is another wax. I don't know who made it. Some people said that it was a copy of the original wax, others say it was a variation of the original, some say it was completely new from another manufacturer.

If you want AF Tough Coat you can also buy that much cheaper from the direct chemical company (Car-chem)

Brilliant! Cheers dude  :happy2:
3dr Reflex Silver GTI | BBS VZ | Eibach Sportlines | Cumbria

dansmith180

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2014, 08:22:22 pm »
I rate the Dodo Juice waxes, they give great depth but don't last very long. Wolfgang fuzion also gives a very nice shine but again doesn't last long at all

Offline wagonboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • Nov.2007 ED30 dsg reflex silver
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 08:57:51 am »
Ask yourself what you want from a wax.

If you want a good wax that is easy to use and will outlast most things, look at collinite 476s or FK1000p bilt hamber finis wax, etc. All available under £20 for large containers.

If you want to spend much, much more than that, then be aware that a more expensive wax does not automatically mean it's a better wax.. Autofinesse are just products rebottled and sold on at a 70% markup on their actual price, I've used Temptation, Passion and Soul, were all horrible. Incredibly hard to use - Spirit was quite nice and smells lovely but again you're getting up to £80 there and it's just a lot for what is basically a brand.

Crystal Rock is great a friend of mine really rates it. I've never used it personally but it smells amazing and seems easy to apply and remove and gives good protection. But is it's protection better than Collinite for example or worth the extra to a non-professional, home user?
Probably no
Up to you at end of day. If you got £1800 you can buy a never ending tub of Zaino wax.
Another vote for Collinite 476S. Used it for the first time yesterday and am well impressed. Takes a little longer than the usual stuff but well worth the effort.

Offline GTIKKM

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 10:24:52 pm »
Bilt hamber make super products and their waxes are proven. I have a few dodo juice waxes although never used them as the bilt hamber lasts ages

Offline kmackgttdi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 09:03:00 pm »
I personally like the dodo juice waxes. Just now I have rainforest rub and as much as it doesn't last long I've done easily 20 cars with it and that includes a defender with 2 coats. And I still have just under the half tub left.
Hd wax was lovely.
I don't think waxes last as long as sealers? Correct me if I'm wrong?
Mk5 Gt TDi 4motion

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2014, 07:07:54 pm »
I like using dodo juice supernatural, but can be hard work to remove sometimes, most of the time I use meguires carnaubo polish , you can do every panel and go back and take it off quite quickly

Offline Nino_Mk5

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2014, 09:26:46 pm »
Collinite 476s for me

Offline Degudodger

• Thank You
  • -Given: 53
  • -Receive: 86
    • Flickr
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2014, 10:09:14 pm »
Used to use AG HD Wax but defected to Collinite 476s and haven't looked back since.
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD - Reflex Silver with stuff.

VCDS Hex+Can - Will code for beer!

Offline NEIL GTI

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2014, 06:55:27 pm »
I like to use r222 wax really easy to work