Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf GTE - Thoughts?  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Gide76

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Golf GTE - Thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 04:35:19 pm »
Like it and would probably be perfect for my current short trip to work. Shame it's not just a little faster 0-60 tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 05:48:18 pm »
Like it and would probably be perfect for my current short trip to work. Shame it's not just a little faster 0-60 tho

How often to you go from 0-60 on the road? It's all about in gear acceleration. 0-100 gives you a better insight to a cars performance  :happy2: that's how I see it. As I've said I don't like how they make these type of cars a wanna be gti but I don't doubt it would be a good commute car if mpg is your thing.   

Offline Gide76

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 07:04:56 pm »
Much more than I go from 0-100:) Especially with our busy roads. I see your point but for me the joy of a hot hatch is speed from a standing start. In gear acceleration is good of course and I definitely have that with my GTi but also with diesels where the 0-60 time was not so good.

Commuting 4 miles each way on an electric motor in bad traffic would be very cheap I imagine. Currently lucky to see 20mpg

It would be nice just to have the pick up a bit quicker I suppose my point is I would like it more if it was a bit MORE GTi. I am sure something will come along that is at some point.

Offline alexmccabe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 12
    • Alex McCabe
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 10:54:03 pm »
I really like it, and I want one! Haha. Does the petrol engine charge the batteries? That would be the only way I could have one, as I live in a top floor flat. Heh

You would assume it has some kind of battery regeneration from the brakes and engine and gearbox etc.

Well yes, I'd like to assume that, but you can't assume anything. They might not have implemented these features to keep costs down?

MK5 Golf GTi 197BHP Tornado Red