Make a donation

Author Topic: RNS-510 MFSW what do i need?  (Read 1532 times)

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
RNS-510 MFSW what do i need?
« on: October 02, 2009, 11:20:56 am »
Hey folks
Ive currently got a 2008 58 plate golf 2.0tdi gt sport and Im looking to upgrade the sound system and quite like the idea of the RNS-510 but im a lil bit confused as to what exactly i need to get the system fully up and running. Am i right in thinking that the RNS-510 comes with in built sat nav and phone prep? Im also looking to install a Gti MFSW but only have the normal computer not the full highline do i need the full highline for the MFSW to work correctly? I also have the ipod connection in the arm rest will this work with the RNS-510?

Many Thanks

Ben

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: RNS-510 MFSW what do i need?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 03:50:00 pm »
The RNS510 doesn't include the Bluetooth but it can be added.

You don't need the highline to have the MFSW.

Yes your iPod connection will still work.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 04:20:34 pm »
Thanks mate
For the sat nav to work all i need to do is buy the aerial and locate it under the dash somewhere is this right or do i nedd to code it in etc?

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 04:36:40 pm »
Ideally it will need coding, they often do work straight from the box however it very much depends on it's previous coding.  Either way it will still need coding.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 10:07:02 pm »
Unless you already have satnav (eg mfd2) then you'll need to tell canbus you have a navigation unit fitted.

If you're retrofitting mfsw, you might wanna consider retrofitting highline too.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.