Make a donation

Author Topic: Front and/or rear ARB  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Jimbo_h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: Front and/or rear ARB
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 01:51:47 am »
I had the rear arb (whiteline) fitted first. Yes it got rid if the understeeryness but made it a little "pointy". Then fitted the front and made it feel really planted, nice and flat through the bends. Had them set to medium on the front and hard on the rear (chuckle)
 This was in conjunction with eibach coilies. IMO the arbs were one of the best handling mods I did, I'd recommend them to anyone

CW MkV GTI | DSG | Driver Motorsport tune | HPFP | SPM downpipe | Sach performance coilovers | Volant CAI | 18" Oz Ultraleggeras | SPM ARBs

Offline SurreyED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 02:27:13 am »
I had the rear arb (whiteline) fitted first. Yes it got rid if the understeeryness but made it a little "pointy". Then fitted the front and made it feel really planted, nice and flat through the bends. Had them set to medium on the front and hard on the rear (chuckle)
 This was in conjunction with eibach coilies. IMO the arbs were one of the best handling mods I did, I'd recommend them to anyone
I'll be fitting my FARB & RARB when they arrive so this is a good review for me to read mate :happy2:
What other suspension mods you running?

Jake
Edition 30 build No:692 Revo stage 2 SOLD
Edition 30 build No:440 Stage 1 SOLD

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 02:43:31 am »
H&R 28mm front & 24mm rear 2 way adjustable, makes such a huge difference, helps minimise body roll & improve handling. :happy2:

Think I will be getting them soon then after these reviews :D
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline Wooosh

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 02:47:52 am »
H&R 28mm front & 24mm rear 2 way adjustable, makes such a huge difference, helps minimise body roll & improve handling. :happy2:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline Jimbo_h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 03:24:28 am »
I'll be fitting my FARB & RARB when they arrive so this is a good review for me to read mate :happy2:

Jake

Only lighter wheels and SALK (which I personally don't think did much). Plus get a good fast road alignment done

CW MkV GTI | DSG | Driver Motorsport tune | HPFP | SPM downpipe | Sach performance coilovers | Volant CAI | 18" Oz Ultraleggeras | SPM ARBs

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 03:33:24 am »
SALK?????
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline Jimbo_h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2014, 06:23:05 am »
Superpro anti lift kit

Offline betty_swollox

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2014, 06:26:01 am »
Superpro anti lift kit

Ahhhhh  :laugh: lol

You not bothered with lowering springs?
2010 Leon CUPRA
BCS Powervalve Exhaust
Revo Ceramic Intake
APR Stage 2

Offline Jimbo_h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 06:33:21 am »
Coilovers were height adjustable...was lowered 45mm at the front and 40mm at the back

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 09:19:58 am »

Jake

Only lighter wheels and SALK (which I personally don't think did much). Plus get a good fast road alignment done

S.A.L.K is not so much of a handling mod. Anti lift kits is more about getting power down and stopping wheel hop rather than improving cornering or feel. Im sure you agree you can more power down with them on.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=s70ko9d8men3gs5pmpc3n78f70&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 09:43:26 am »

Pointy?

Offline Jimbo_h

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 04:18:59 am »
With just the rear arb it made the car turn in sharper but imo it didn't feel stable enough. Not oversteery, just not as planted and flat. the front arb sorted this. I had a few people say not to bother with the front as it would create too much understeer, I didn't get this,  just made it nice and neutral