Make a donation

Author Topic: audi s3 engine bay shaving  (Read 4807 times)

Offline kylej1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
audi s3 engine bay shaving
« on: March 13, 2014, 06:32:29 pm »
Im looking to get rid of some of the items in my engine bay starting with relocation the battery to the boot like an r32 and removing the tfsi charcoal canister has anyone did these two mods and is it safe to remove the charcoal canister

thanks

have a look at this one for inspiration  :happy2:

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 06:53:12 pm by kylej1 »

Offline kylej1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 2
Re: audi s3 engine bay shaving
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 06:58:28 pm »
this is his battery relocate a bit too mad for me

Offline tommygti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 01:11:06 pm »
Ive been following eurocars thread for a while know and its pushing shaving to the extreme. He's a very knowledgeable person when it comes to the tfsi and a top bloke. He's helped me with a few questions and ive also bought a few things off him.

Ive removed my aircon, shortened my water bottle filler neck, and relocated my carbon canister to the passenger side wing (which means you can trim one of the parts of the fuel line attached to the top of the inlet manifold). Once I get my custom intake build I will have to relocate the water bottle completely and I'm also planning to do something about the expansion tank as I hate it. Relocatomg your fusebox seems like a pain the arse to be honest but moving the battery to the boot is a popular mod thats not too difficult.

anorganix

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 03:11:35 pm »
On the S3 you have a special battery box in the rear (because of A3 3.2 engine, this box came to the rear of all A3s/S3s).
As far as the charcoal canister goes, you can remove it, I know ppl who did it and the car is running great after > 10K miles.