Make a donation

Author Topic: Supercar driving experiences - any recommendations?  (Read 1955 times)

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: Supercar driving experiences - any recommendations?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 03:19:20 pm »
On the one I did at elvington 6 years ago there was 2 different companies operating on site so it was separate insurances for the 2 companies (if everything was done through 1 company it was 1 lot of insurance and it covered you for the day for more laps/cars). The one the misses done at brands hatch was one lot of insurance and you we're covered for extra laps or different cars.

I enjoyed the day I done and want to do another one at good wood as I want to drive a Viper and do one on a track as elvington was on an airfield with cones making a track. The other half enjoyed her day apart from it being a bit wet.

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 03:20:36 pm »
IMO they are rubbish. Go and do the single seater experience at silverstone. Much more fun

+1 cos proper race car :driver:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 03:47:51 pm »
I would recommend the Mercedes Benz World experience.

As you are more north than me try Silverstone which also opens up the Porsche experience.  :driver:

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 04:03:05 pm »
I would recommend the Mercedes Benz World experience.

As you are more north than me try Silverstone which also opens up the Porsche experience.  :driver:

Couldn't agree more on the Mercedes experience! I was 18 and my instructor let me do whatever the hell I wanted. He pushed me to go faster & you get a lot of driving time in very quick cars. E63 AMG Estate  :ashamed:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9mvc663av1il0iosqqs8ha2m34&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 12:10:12 am »
Seriously dont bother with the supercar ones.. they are crap you will be disappointed, you dont get to open the taps up that much. On the single seater ones you get to drive it as fast as you want.... overtake... anything goes pretty much. So much grip, corner like a go kart. And they are pretty cheap at 99 quid.

If it was for me I would, but the Mrs has a bit of a thing for Astons so I have to go with that

Have you looked into hiring an aston martin for a day? ( i haven't, just a suggestion)