Make a donation

Author Topic: Altered Pressed Plates!  (Read 4082 times)

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,93533.msg937034.html#msg937034
Altered Pressed Plates!
« on: March 28, 2014, 12:05:53 pm »
Hi everyone,

Iv'e had my number plate like this for over 2 years now, and although it isn't strictly legal, I've never been pulled over for it, and even when I have been pulled over (for ignoring a no U-turn sign :jumpmove:) they didn't comment on the plate. I got it from craigsplates; the spacing has been removed, and the 5 has been slightly altered, rounding the corners off to make it look more like the letter S rather than the number 5.

This is what it looks like:

I am going to order new plates because some idiot reversed into me with a tow-bar while I was parked and has marked the plate with a nice black bruise. It's annoying.
I really like the look of the pressed plates, however I don't want to sacrifice loosing the rounded off 5. Does anyone know of anywhere that will do a pressed plate with this custom 5?

I don't hold much hope for this, but thought it was worth asking.

Thanks a lot!

Instagram @george_kersh

Offline brookesb32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
Re: Altered Pressed Plates!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 04:36:17 pm »
Forgive me if I have missed something in the plate, but why the need for the no spacing or the 5 looking like an S, it doesn't seem to spell a word? :confused:
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 05:08:40 pm »
So you want to make a legal plate illegal?  :congrats:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Saintsteve

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 05:33:32 pm »
Hi everyone,

Iv'e had my number plate like this for over 2 years now, and although it isn't strictly legal, I've never been pulled over for it, and even when I have been pulled over (for ignoring a no U-turn sign :jumpmove:) they didn't comment on the plate. I got it from craigsplates; the spacing has been removed, and the 5 has been slightly altered, rounding the corners off to make it look more like the letter S rather than the number 5.

This is what it looks like:

I am going to order new plates because some law abiding person  reversed into me with a tow-bar while I was parked and has marked the plate with a nice black bruise. It's annoying.
I really like the look of the pressed plates, however I don't want to sacrifice loosing the rounded off 5. Does anyone know of anywhere that will do a pressed plate with this custom 5 and be correctly spaced apart

I don't hold much hope for this, but thought it was worth asking.

Thanks a lot!

Just amended your spelling mistake  :wink:

Offline sootpig

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 06:04:26 pm »
Ive got it. If you shut your good eye squint with the other from 6 miles away that plate does look like "georrge"
  Now that's worth getting an illegal plate for :happy2:................................. :signLOL:

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 06:10:52 pm »
I know Craigs Plates used to do such things. Have you tried them?
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,93533.msg937034.html#msg937034
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 09:11:22 pm »
So you want to make a legal plate illegal?  :congrats:
that comment has no benefit what so ever :congrats:

Instagram @george_kersh

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 09:13:47 pm »
Ive got it. If you shut your good eye squint with the other from 6 miles away that plate does look like "georrge"
  Now that's worth getting an illegal plate for :happy2:................................. :signLOL:

The number plate is not meant to say George, and this post wasn't asking you to guess what the plate stands for either  :happy2:

Instagram @george_kersh

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 09:15:19 pm »
Forgive me if I have missed something in the plate, but why the need for the no spacing or the 5 looking like an S, it doesn't seem to spell a word? :confused:
My name is George S Kershaw
G for George
S for my middle name
KSW is the first, middle and last letter of my surname.

I know Craigs Plates used to do such things. Have you tried them?
That's where I originally got this from, so I know that they do the altered text, but I'm not sure if they do the altered text AND press it. I have emailed them asking though :)

Instagram @george_kersh

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 09:18:32 pm »

law abiding person & correctly spaced apart

Just amended your spelling mistake  :wink:

Law abiding? They hit my car and drove off, I'm pretty sure that is a form of hit and run  :grin:
Secondly, the specific spacing is important, I never said I will drive my car like this :happy2:

Instagram @george_kersh

Offline screech

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 07:23:15 am »
Dont just assume they 'hit and run', They may have taken the details and forwarded it to the police and their insurance. But because they couldn't read it they probably wrote it down wrong, so now noone can contact you about it. Bad lucks!

If your car was to get stolen, who would you complain to when you find out the police can't find it on any of their ANPR cameras? 

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 11:00:57 am »
Dont just assume they 'hit and run', They may have taken the details and forwarded it to the police and their insurance. But because they couldn't read it they probably wrote it down wrong, so now noone can contact you about it. Bad lucks!

If your car was to get stolen, who would you complain to when you find out the police can't find it on any of their ANPR cameras? 

Why are you purposely trying to start up an argument over the internet? I posted asking for advice, yet your post is of no help at all and you're just looking for an argument; grow up lmao. If someone can't read that number plate then they really shouldn't be driving. Secondly, if car park cameras can read the number plate, I'm sure police ANPR cameras can too..

Instagram @george_kersh

Offline screech

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 01:48:50 pm »
Sorry? I'm not trying to start an argument at all, I'm just saying how it could be. Standing up for someone who isn't present to defend themself, when actually they may not have 'hit and run'.

Nobody should need to be able to read it, and it's you that shouldn't be driving (that car with those plates)

Thinking about it, would it not make more sense to keep the space as it should be? (Or even an extra space if you do insist on having it illegal) Do you write your name on paper without spaces?

I used to buy my plates from 'showplates'(.com or co.uk) not sure if they are still going, worth a look maybe?

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 01:57:44 pm »
The problem you have is you have posted a question on where to get an illegal plate on a forum where most disagree with people doing this.

Just make your plate legal and you won't have any issues.

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 02:02:40 pm »
Thinking about it, would it not make more sense to keep the space as it should be? (Or even an extra space if you do insist on having it illegal) Do you write your name on paper without spaces?

I used to buy my plates from 'showplates'(.com or co.uk) not sure if they are still going, worth a look maybe?
That is more logical you are right, but I prefer the look of it being all one thing, personal taste I guess. I checked out shotplates but it redirected me to newreg, thanks anyway!

The problem you have is you have posted a question on where to get an illegal plate on a forum where most disagree with people doing this.

Just make your plate legal and you won't have any issues.
I fully understand that, but making my plate perfectly legal won't suit my needs  :sad1:

Instagram @george_kersh