Make a donation

Author Topic: ICE fitters in the North West - any suggestions?  (Read 605 times)

Offline adam164

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
ICE fitters in the North West - any suggestions?
« on: April 06, 2014, 06:31:52 pm »
Being really anal with my sound, the first thing I want to do with my Golf is sort out the Hifi. In the days of yore, when I had that thing called money, I had comp builds in my Golfs, but as manufacturers got wise to it & started installing better Hifi, all the shops & dealers have closed down.

I've an idea what I want fitting, I just need a good dealer/installer. Any recommendations?

Cheers

Adam

Offline arris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: ICE fitters in the North West - any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 06:44:31 pm »
If i was going to have sound done id be certainly looking at going to see the guys down at Studio In Car.

I think for something like this it'd be worth traveling.

Check them out there demo M3 is crazy!

Offline adam164

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 07:16:07 pm »
Thanks!

Good news - they sell JL Audio, exactly what I want. Bad news - it's a bit far  :confused:

Offline adam164

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 07:45:18 am »
Anyone know of anybody decent in the North West?

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 12:09:32 pm »
Anyone know of anybody decent in the North West?

I do - Automobilli in Blackburn - speak to Archie. Very, very good. He installs all the bespoke systems into the BVlackburn Rovers players cars - David Dunn is a persoanl friend now I think he has been going for that many years!
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 12:16:05 pm »
www.carmusiccentre.co.uk based in Oldham (just off the bypass about 300yards down Ashton Road), used to go there a lot as a young man, had various Car alarms/Immobilisers and Pioneer ICE set ups installed in various fast fords/Golf GTI's, they have been going at least 20 years in that shop.

I used to get them to install all the cables and speakers and head unit and then plumb in my own existing amps (Genesis).

Pretty sure they tinted the windows on my Series 1 RS Turbo too (Back in't day  :grin:) and also on my Black GTI 16v BB

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:18:43 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline adam164

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 12:44:25 pm »
www.carmusiccentre.co.uk based in Oldham (just off the bypass about 300yards down Ashton Road), used to go there a lot as a young man, had various Car alarms/Immobilisers and Pioneer ICE set ups installed in various fast fords/Golf GTI's, they have been going at least 20 years in that shop.

I used to get them to install all the cables and speakers and head unit and then plumb in my own existing amps (Genesis).

Pretty sure they tinted the windows on my Series 1 RS Turbo too (Back in't day  :grin:) and also on my Black GTI 16v BB

Brilliant!  :happy2: That's not too far from me. I'll ring them later. i want nothing special, just uprate the speakers & maybe an amp to help it along