Make a donation

Author Topic: My 05 black gti  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Paultc90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
My 05 black gti
« on: April 14, 2014, 09:38:54 pm »
Been on the forum a while, so decided to eventually get the car up. New to all this so please bear with me!

Got my car off a good mate of mine last summer for a good price as it was his second car and he had sort of neglected it a bit.

It's a 5 door gti in black and had done just under 60,000 miles. Came with a milltek fitted and lowered on sports springs( not 100% sure what ones.
Sorry for the poor images was taken off my phone at evening, but thought I would get them up anyway.

My gti badge is missing from the front. I took the front grill off the other day and messed about with it. Had red badges to fit, but going to need a bit of messing about to get it on. Snapped the clips on the old one getting it off.

Had my wheels done in anthracite Matte a few months ago, but the winter has left them in need of a touch up. Also lending my car to my dad and him curbing one of the wheels badly didn't help. Just need new centre caps to finish them off.

Car has the benefit of a fill audio install. Has JL audio speakers in the doors and a sub and amps custom fitted into the boot. Has a pioneer headunit fitted. Also has a custom built iphone holder were the ashtray was and a know to control the subwoofer next to the traction control button

So far I have had:
The wheels refurbed and painted
New front arches replaced
Replaced various bulbs

Car is going in for a full service and DSG service next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline J12spk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
  • VW PERVERT
    • Email
Re: My 05 black gti
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 09:49:15 pm »
Looks good buddy, Like the wheels. My only thing is I would tidy up the iPod Dock/button area  :happy2:

Das Auto

Offline Paultc90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 09:54:36 pm »
Looks good buddy, Like the wheels. My only thing is I would tidy up the iPod Dock/button area  :happy2:

Cheers, ye this will be getting sorted. The tyre pressure button is actually stuck down and annoying me. Going to take it back to the folks that done the install and get them to see to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline r88jrd

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 10:50:54 pm »
loving the boot install looks really good

Offline Paultc90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 11:20:50 pm »
loving the boot install looks really good

Thanks, it's a really nice system. Still gives use of the boot with a mat over it and amazing sound quality. Was lucky enough that my mate had it installed before he sold it to me. Spent a small fortune getting it put in!

Offline Sjw_Vw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 12:45:45 pm »
Looking good :happy2:
Instagram - sjw_vw. Updated all the time :)

Offline Paultc90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 06:13:36 pm »
Booked the car into deutschtek in Glasgow for a major service and a DSG service. These guys are local to me and seem to be pretty clued up. Charging me £205 for the major service and £120 for the DSG. Thought this seemed pretty reasonable.

Offline Paultc90

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 09:35:16 pm »
So today got my car fully serviced including DSG, which was nice to get done for peace of mind. Also got a nice wee list of things needing done.

Timing chain, which I knew about from the taxi sound from the engine! They also said that it would be worth while doing the timing belt and water pump all at the same time. At the cost of £750 though!! So won't be doing this straight away.

Also the evap canister is full? So this needs changed at a cost of £130, might do this myself though. Seems pretty straight forward, so should be capable to do this with my limited knowledge and skill.

Front tyres needing replaced soon, have tyres to put on though, so this saves me a bit of cash.

So it's going to be a long a slow process to get the car where I want it to be.

Little thing I did today was change the screw over in the front number plate.
Not really that exciting but it was something that was annoying me. Looks a little better.

So plans are:

Moving the front number plate to under one of the headlights. Probably on a 4x4 square plate. Going to get the front grille filled on from the number plate holes. Undecided wether to get it Matt black or get it wrapped on gloss carbon.

Mk6 rear badge fitted. And maybe painted along with the front badge.

Need a new front gti badge, have a red one but it doesn't fit.

Get my wheels refurbed again! This will be anthracite Matt again.

New rear valance to could code with the car.

Going to get the rear lights and possibly headlights tinted. Along with the wing mirror indicators.

Performance wise I'm still insure. Being on here makes it very temping to get so much done! But money is pretty tight at the moment so don't want to start getting serious tuning done any time soon.

Any suggestion on any mods would be appreciated. I'm pretty new to this and I'm pretty clueless tbh.