Make a donation

Author Topic: My time here is drawing to a close......  (Read 11835 times)

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: My time here is drawing to a close......
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2009, 08:53:20 pm »
It's not 90 quid to fill I don't think? I think its a 65 litre fuel tank. So that's 70-75 for vpower? Might be wrong, been a while since I gave my dad a free tank of fuel! Lol

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2009, 09:19:52 pm »
MR Not normal goes all normal.  :laugh:

Keep us informed of any mods you do.
Best shaped Coupe on the market in my opinion. I considered buying one of these, would look the shiz on some deep dish wheels.  :driver:

And as for Jules you are a star. I hope in ten years time you come back and read your posts on these forums I am sure you will look back and laugh with us.  :notworthy: :notworthy:  :signLOL:  :notworthy: :notworthy:

I think we should nominate you as our star in a reasonably  slow  priced car.  :wink:  :congrats:

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2009, 09:25:29 pm »
Not sure why everyone got so uppity? I simply said the S3 was a GT, its not a derogatory comment?

I then have JPC come with the usual silver spoon type crap when i work very hard for my car.

I simply state my opinions on a free forum and have abusive, derogatory replies. Im never offensive so not sure why everyone has a problem?

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2009, 09:34:34 pm »
No one has a problem with you, a lot of what you say makes sense and you normally get your point across very well. Its just the way you answer each time it comes across very defensive, Almost like you doth protest to much.  :wink:
Take VC he spends a lot of time on here with lots of us pulling the r 32 strings sometimes serious sometimes not but he never retorts he puts himself above it, Like he knows and understands what is better about the R and is comfortable with it. The opposite of you.   :smiley:

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2009, 09:40:21 pm »
I had a 335d a couple of years ago, mapped by Simon at emaps, to approx 350bhp/520ftlbs, relentlessly fast, would hang off the bumpers of many a car. I have eibach suspension also to help looks and handling, but ultimately, just not the drivers car that I was after - it is a slush box after all, not dsg/SMG.  I don't do a massive mileage a year - 15-18 k per year, so a petrol suffices mpg wise, and after a string of fast hatchbacks, the BMW felt  just too grown up(I'm 36 with 3 kids!!!).

If I did more mileage and could afford a 2nd car, Porsche or so, then one would definately be on my list again.

It doesn't sound like a diesel, far from it, and I'm sure for you, coming from a diesel will tick all the boxes and more. Enjoy it, and especially enjoy embarrising some more exotic cars- e46 m3's were a favorite if mine. Oh and take it from me, ditch the sh*tty run flats, completely transforms the handling and ride.  

Enjoy
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2009, 09:42:37 pm »
Happily called my car a bus  :signLOL:

A lot of people go to unnecessary lengths, like silver spoon comments. I work very hard for my car so im quite defensive about it!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2009, 09:50:43 pm »
I work very hard for my cars, but they are just cars at the end of the day, guess that's why I'm always changing mine!

And Jules I don't know you personally , but your posts are easily recognisable, you are quite happy to openly slate other cars, but if a bad word is said against the R32, you get all sensitive. Just enjoy the banter and don't take it all so personally, I have taught myself to double read everthing to ensure I have understood before replying , and the same with anythibg I write. All the best

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2009, 09:53:13 pm »
The 335d is a great car especially when re-mapped. Visit DMS Automotive down in Southampton. Great guys and a really good map!  :happy2:

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2009, 10:02:38 pm »
I work very hard for my cars, but they are just cars at the end of the day, guess that's why I'm always changing mine!

And Jules I don't know you personally , but your posts are easily recognisable, you are quite happy to openly slate other cars, but if a bad word is said against the R32, you get all sensitive. Just enjoy the banter and don't take it all so personally, I have taught myself to double read everthing to ensure I have understood before replying , and the same with anythibg I write. All the best

Didnt slate the S3 or the 335 though? Yet this thread ended up the same as usual, i say something bad (although it was just that the S3's a GT) and it ends up with someone saying the R32 is sh*t! Can you blame me?

I work 50+ hours a week to afford my car on top of my £920 rent, its more than just my car; its my hobby and enjoyment.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2009, 10:06:28 pm »
Come on Jules you must be tired  :smiley:

Look here is a funny picture chill dude the worlds beautiful.  :star:

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2009, 10:09:32 pm »
Jules, I wasn't just on about this thread, most of your posts.

50 hours a week, 900 rent - welcome to the real world!!

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2009, 10:11:05 pm »

And Jules I don't know you personally

Im a nice person mate  :smiley:

Feel free to add me if you like

facebooklink

Come on Jules you must be tired  :smiley:

Look here is a funny picture chill dude the worlds beautiful.  :star:

Watched the whole video about ten mins ago! Is much funnier the gif  :signLOL:

Im in a bad mood, been in bed with a bad back today  :sad1:

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2009, 10:13:07 pm »
Jules, I wasn't just on about this thread, most of your posts.

50 hours a week, 900 rent - welcome to the real world!!

I know very very few people who do more than 9-5 mate, i have to stand up on the tube while the lazy barstewardss sit down. 8 hours a day is the dream....one day!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2009, 10:31:13 pm »

Didnt slate the S3 or the 335 though? Yet this thread ended up the same as usual, i say something bad (although it was just that the S3's a GT) and it ends up with someone saying the R32 is sh*t! Can you blame me?

I work 50+ hours a week to afford my car on top of my £920 rent, its more than just my car; its my hobby and enjoyment.

pipe down fresher! I was only joking at first, then you were so blatently nearly crying about your r32 it was a laugh to see how far you go. You really do make a target for yourself all across the board and really show your age. Not just on this thread. I just hope you've learnt not to take things quite so seriousy on here and just chill out.

You really do start bleating like a little lamb when someone puts a foot wrong with the r32 comments. Yet, you happily slate anything other!

I really really hope you take things like the rest of us on here soon. This has got to ge one of the most chilled out and humourous forums out there so sit back and enjoy. 

I'm offering a friendly hand here, I just hope your mature enough to take it on board!

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2009, 10:53:58 pm »

pipe down fresher! I was only joking at first, then you were so blatently nearly crying about your r32 it was a laugh to see how far you go. You really do make a target for yourself all across the board and really show your age. Not just on this thread. I just hope you've learnt not to take things quite so seriousy on here and just chill out.

You really do start bleating like a little lamb when someone puts a foot wrong with the r32 comments. Yet, you happily slate anything other!

I really really hope you take things like the rest of us on here soon. This has got to ge one of the most chilled out and humourous forums out there so sit back and enjoy. 

I'm offering a friendly hand here, I just hope your mature enough to take it on board!

I was talking about the S3, not the R32 and was not at any point crying over it - i even agreed with your bus picture mate. You should re-read the thread. The thread was about the S3 and diesels, you brought up the R32 and i dismissed it instantly with a joke; you then carried on to the silver spoon rubbish
Your whole post is full of condescending put downs (highlighted), you even start with the equivalent of shut up. I dont see how my personal responses can show my maturity, i manage 15 people everyday, all of them older than me but all listen to me and do as i instruct.
I never got offended and joked about my car in this thread, agreeing with your bus picture, while you were being repetitively condescending and dismissive (the usual traits of someone with a high post count and high following of bandwagon jumpers)