Make a donation

Author Topic: Car shampoo  (Read 5494 times)

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: Car shampoo
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 12:12:20 pm »
I find wash & wax is fine if the "proper wax" coat has worn off, the wash & wax keeps the water bubbling on your bodywork until the car is washed again. I only use this when the Collinite has lost its strength as an interim solutuion until the weather is good (and I have time) to re-apply a proper wax protection.

AG Shampoo & Conditioner leaves a great finish but I dont find it great when the car is properly filthy - I doubt yours ever gets to this state Jay  :signLOL:

Its too watery to remove thick coats of muck (think farm track style) - this is where the Megs Gold Glass is superb with its thick lather (like snow foam)  :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 01:06:56 pm »
I've just ordered some Dodo juice born to be mild shampoo..will give it a go when the weather is better...
Cheers again for all the recommendations :happy2:

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline Rob1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 24
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 01:22:40 pm »
Currently using Duragloss 901. Find it cleans better than BTBM.
lovely shampoo, lasts a long time and provides a lovely shine to the car.
Black Ed30

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 03:24:17 pm »
Currently just swapped from AG shampoo and conditioner to Dodo Juice Sour Power and first impressions are I'm impressed, really like it.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 04:37:17 am »
Meguires Ultimate Wash and Wax. Bright yellow and looks like something the Simpsons gave birth to!
Expensive at Halfords but with shampoo's you want long lasting suds..but the bottle does last along time.
Best shampoo I've used and I have used quite a few :signLOL:

I would strong advise against any shampoo that is "wash and wax" or anything like that.

A good shampoo should have nothing in it to detract from your existing LSP. While PH neutral MUW&W is not what we would consider to be "wax safe" meaning it can interfere with your existing levels of protection.

To be honest Autoglym Bodyshampoo Conditioner is a good all rounder.... cheap to buy smells nice and offers a nice slick feeling. not the best shampoo but far better than faffing around with random brands.

Bubbles or suds don't really do anything or mean anything. You want a nice lather of lots of small bubbles rather than a bucket full of large bubbles which don't really do anything and don't offer any benefits to cleaning at all.

Meguiars NXT would be a good choice... if i don't have the DMC shampoo to hand i'll use that... has an added benefit of being wax safe (as said I use it regularly) and has a water softening agent within it so watermarks don't appear as quickly if you are washing your car in the sun. It's pretty cheap too...a big tub for like £14.

Man is there anything you don't know?  :P :P

I use to use the Meguiars range and personally don't rate it to highly. I was told to try the Cherry flavored Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate.
It's been fantastic especially if you use their pre bond wax and wax. Every time you wash the car the polymers re active the wax and it looks like you freshly washed the car.
To be fair it works a treat with Dodo Juice Orange crush wax as well.

I have just bought dodo BTBM about a week ago. Waiting till tomorrow to test it out. Can't wait.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:43:40 am by GLIDN »

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 11:03:47 am »
as I do 30+ hours of detailing a week and unfortunately ( :party: :party:)  have to try loads of products i just like sharing my advice and knowledge where i can.  :sick:
people are hung up on polymer this or brand label that and it's all crap to be honest

Offline bloomus

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 09:38:07 am »
Britemax clean max for me expensive but worth it in my opinion
Gonna be a badass ride

Offline DiZzYGT!

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 08:56:15 pm »
Can't go wrong with dodo juice :)

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2014, 12:41:03 pm »
as I do 30+ hours of detailing a week and unfortunately ( :party: :party:)  have to try loads of products i just like sharing my advice and knowledge where i can.  :sick:
people are hung up on polymer this or brand label that and it's all crap to be honest

thats very interesting to know.
over here we only had meguiars or mothers.

only a few months ago, chemical guys started being supplied.

I just personally like how my cars colour popped after the duragloss.

Offline jocco

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2014, 02:51:17 pm »
Meguires Ultimate Wash and Wax. Bright yellow and looks like something the Simpsons gave birth to!
Expensive at Halfords but with shampoo's you want long lasting suds..but the bottle does last along time.
Best shampoo I've used and I have used quite a few :signLOL:

I have this and although it leaves a nice shine after I dried the car I get very little foam or suds.

How do you dilute it?

Cant comment on whether its wax safe as my car is not waxed.

Saintsteve

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2014, 06:55:13 pm »
I tend to use more then it specifies for ammount of shampoo in the bucket, then I don't have soap sud issues you mention.