Make a donation

Author Topic: EIG - Mk5 Tornado Red Edition 30  (Read 24759 times)

Offline Wayne D

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 7
  • MKV GTI Pirelli
Re: EIG - Mk5 Tornado Red Edition 30
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2015, 06:52:26 pm »
Great looking tyre, don't know anything about them, but if they preform as good as the thread pattern looks they will be awesome. :)

Offline Haz911

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2015, 01:06:18 pm »
Great looking tyre, don't know anything about them, but if they preform as good as the thread pattern looks they will be awesome. :)

Cheers, seen some good reviews so I'm hoping they should be good! I'll try and get them fitted this weekend and report back  :happy2:
2007 Tornado Red 3dr Edition 30 - Stage 1
1998 Polo 6n 1.8 20vt - 262 bhp

Offline Gti_Mad

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2015, 01:58:52 pm »
I had them on my ed30'there very good

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline Haz911

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2015, 11:35:18 am »
So the Toyo R1R have been fitted on the front and they have completely transformed the car, hardly any loss of traction on dry days and in the wet they perform just like a normal tyre, absolutely amazing, easily the best tyre I've ever bought!

Offline Haz911

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2015, 11:48:14 am »
Some more progress:

Fitted the Revo dog bone mount a log with torque insert, feels very firm!

Front end off and fitted the Eurojet intercooler, very nice piece of kit, wasn't the best fit, some of the bolt holes between the intercooler, rad and air con rad were slightly off so filed them out a couple mm and all good :) although I'm tempted to get rid of the air con as the rad for it sits in front of the intercooler, not much to say about performance of it at the moment, car feels a littme more lag than before but will sort itself out once it's stage2+ and my exhaust turns up!

Rear anti-roll bar fitted yesterday, 24mm H&R set to hard and will fit the front over the next couple of weeks on soft :)

Ohh and while doing this a couple of flys were using my roof to get jiggy!

More to follow :)

Offline Haz911

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2015, 12:20:27 pm »
So the car went off for a Stage 2+ map along with a BCS Powervalve TBE Decat system and Autotech HPFP. Also to be fitted was the anti lift kit and the H&R 28mm Front Anti-Roll bar and a stage 2 DSG map.

After the dismantling of the car, they noticed a load of issues with it. I didn't even notice that the car was rough which is a bit worrying because it seemed fine and wasn't smoking or running rough.

Once the standard exhaust was off they noticed the turbo had a load of play in the shaft of the turbo. That has been sent off to Owen Developments and the bearing and seal are completely destroyed, bearing has worn away the housing so they are going to machine that back smooth and fit a motorsport spec seal and bearing (Oversized) to compensate for the machining.

Also, the inlet etc. has all been taken off for a thorough clean and the valve springs have found to be completely dead so the engine is undergoing an overhaul at the moment, consisting of:

- Drop sump, fit new oil pickup pipe
- Remove and clean cam cover
- Remove Inlet and clean intake ports and valves
- Fit new injector seal kit
- Clean crankcase and replace filter
- New Oil Filter
- Revo Catch Can is to be fitted
- Remove Cylinder head, Clean and Skim
- Replace head gasket
- Cambelt replacement
- Water Pump Replacement
- Fit new Golf R valve springs
- New Tappets and Rocker Arms

Gutted I'm without a car for a couple weeks in this nice weather but just can't wait to get it back now!

Anyway some pics:

And the Mrs bought a new car at the weekend too - Vw Polo 1.4 TSI, Dsg, such an awesome car to drive!

Cheers
Harry

Offline Haz911

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2015, 07:56:10 pm »
So update from the garage today, the injectors are all coked up at the ends so they are being sent off to be cleaned and tested to be on the safe side as the residue in the turbo has been found to have a lot of fuel in it so the HPFP seals will be replaced also.

Final inspection of the turbo at Owen Developments today and they weren't completely satisfied with how it came out after machining the housing and fitting new bearing and seal so they have decided to replace the full internals with uprated motorsport spec stuff   :happy2:

Head is coming back tomorrow and the injectors and turbo tues next week!

Offline Haz911

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2015, 12:31:20 pm »
Long overdue update, the car has been back together for a couple of months now after undergoing major work (Just under 5k spent on engine work) and is running sweet as a nut at Stage 2+

Will get some pics up soon!