Make a donation

Author Topic: Snow foam lance or pump sprayer?  (Read 2335 times)

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
Snow foam lance or pump sprayer?
« on: May 14, 2014, 07:48:59 am »
A mate has just given me a tub of Valet Pro snow foam he got for free and had no use for, never really used it before and the only way of applying it I've got at the moment is the attachment that came with my Nilifisk pressure washer. Anyway used if for the first time last night and as you can guess the results were fairly poor, just came out like very soapy water nothing like a foam.

I don't want to spend a fortune on a fancy lance but wondered if anyone could recommend me a reasonably priced one (£40ish) or would I be ok with a pressure sprayer? again any recommendations?
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
Re: Snow foam lance or pump sprayer?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 09:19:29 am »
A fancy lance?

They are all about the same price.... Autobrite do a good lance... it's £40 and you get some snow foam with is as well.

The attachments that come with standard jet washes are not desgined for snow foam really as it needs a higher pressure and the internal nozzles are different.

A pressure sprayer would give you a similar issue with an inability to make a good consistent pressure , and they are far more sensitive to dilution ratios.

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 10:59:28 am »
Seem to remember looking a while ago and these things could be anywhere between £60-80...........maybe I imagined that  :signLOL: looked at the one you've mentioned above now and also Clean Your Car do their own at £35 as do i4Detail so will give one of these a bash I think, thanks.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline Eccie

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 01:13:25 pm »

Gone - Candy White MK5 Golf GTI (you never really forget your first true love...!)
MK7 Candy White GTI pp - you can never have enough eye candy

Offline DiZzYGT!

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 08:40:02 pm »
I got one off eBay for £27 delivered and I think it's brilliant! Does the job well and feels like it's been well made. Also get to pick which adapter you need which is included in the price.

Item no.  271424356037

I use mine with a karcher k2 compact and ifoam by dodo juice :)

Offline jocco

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email

Offline WILL 1 AM

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 05:08:53 pm »
A lot of people on DW rate this one

http://www.directhoses.net/collections/foaming-equipment/products/snow-foam-lance

Direct hoses seems the cheapest but I got mine from autobrite, group buy they had on DW.
Had a few issues with the seal, that was changed, then still didn't produce the foam, sent back and got a new one.

Pretty sure they're quite generic ie made by one, sold by all looking at them, although not 100%