Offline Hendry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Hello!
« on: May 18, 2014, 08:08:34 pm »
Hi all, my names Greg, just joined up as my dad has an 09 plate Jetta 2.0 CR TDi Sport 140bhp. It's a smart motor and as a result its got me wanting a Golf (currently drive a 59 plate Clio but fed up with it) but want to get some info on them and this seems the most knowledgeable forum for them I've come across.

Offline ILoveTuna

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 08:10:04 pm »
Welcome.  :happy2:

Offline stuart-88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101197.0.html
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 10:03:21 pm »
Fed up with a Renault Clio? How on earth has this happened?  :laugh:. Definitely come to the right place.

Instagram: stu_nc88

Offline Wooosh

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 87
  • Factory ponies.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 01:16:29 am »
Welcome mate, getting rid of your Renault for a reliable Volkswagen is a good choice. :happy2:
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Revo GONE
Stage 1+ MK5 GTI R-Tech GONE
Stage 2 MK5 GTI Edition 30 GoAPR

Offline munkyboy

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 02:33:02 am »
German all the way  :happy2:

Offline Hendry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 06:18:20 pm »
Haha I wouldn't say modern VWs are reliable as they used to be, heard horror stories about the 2005-2010 Passat and we've had a few Golf GT TDi 140s at work with DPF and DMF problems but yeah they are certainly a nice place to be inside, some nice touches, feel solid and well screwed together and most of all easy to add upgrades to like steering wheel controls, highline displays, cruise, MDI, bluetooth, USB etc. I had a Astra H before and it was so easy to add stuff like trip computer, cruise, bluetooth etc you just bought the appropriate part, programmed it with tech 2 and it worked, to go from that to the Clio where firstly its impossible to upgrade anything as nobody knows how to do it as they aren't interested and haven't done it and secondly Renault are still old fashioned whereby you need wiring looms, relays and other gubbins installed before you can do anything else.