Make a donation

Author Topic: ITG Intake vs. OEM Airbox on Revo Stage 2+  (Read 31929 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: ITG Intake vs. OEM Airbox on Revo Stage 2+
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2009, 09:02:12 pm »
I thought the difference was pretty negligable. more throttle response i think bt nothing in comarison to a proper induction kit.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2009, 09:10:15 pm »

I thought the difference was pretty negligable. more throttle response i think bt nothing in comarison to a proper induction kit.

....It didn't feel much different from stock except throttle response but I didn't have a remap yet at the time.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2009, 10:24:58 pm »

....It didn't feel much different from stock except throttle response but I didn't have a remap yet at the time.

I also had a carbonio copy and high flow panel and it produced strong results (for example the max airflow I recorded in this config was 246-248g/s) but with the ITG this is up to 261g/s peak.

One thing I do believe is the gains are bigger on the K04 cars than the K03.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2009, 11:07:59 pm »

One thing I do believe is the gains are bigger on the K04 cars than the K03.

....I think this is also true for a lot of mods. The K04 cars deliver much more potential. If I was buying at a time the Ed30 was available I would have gone for one. But no regrets.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2009, 11:17:07 pm »
It's tough to give a definitive answer to which system would be best for a K03 and a K04. I had the Carbonio before the EVOM's intake and the EVOM's definitely gave both better throttle response and ultimate power at the top end. The sacrifice seemed to me to be a little loss of torque at the lower end (as I think I remember saying in my build thread!). I can afford to lose a little torque though :grin:
Golf R gone.

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2009, 11:55:09 pm »
It would be interesting to compare other mass airflow readings. I am surprised that the ITG is only giving mid 260's. I thought it might have been higher?

Offline CocoPops

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
    • Kennet Heath
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2009, 09:27:13 am »
If I was to do some logging... what would I need to do.
Can someone write me a noddy guide and I will report some figures.
Used to Own: 2008 GTI Ed30 | ITG Intake | Miltek TBE System | Bluefin Stage 2 | 327bhp
On Order: 2017 Golf GTI Performance Pack 5dr DSG
Also own: 2016 Lotus Evora 400

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project

Offline warren_cox

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2009, 09:44:24 am »
I'm always interested to read these threads.

The people who have bought the product present the pro's and perceived benefits, the people with something else / nothing come back with the knocks and 'you shoulda bought summat else'!!

Being one of the K04 camp running this it has made an enormous difference and removed a very noticeable flat spot in the rev range. I think it has really unlocked the potential of Revo Stage 2+ and KMD pump internals. I think for the price it offers a very well conceived design and mix of materials which major on engineering and not FUSS. As I'm an objective modifier I want it to work, period. It's what it delivers on the road, not with bonnet opened parked up that matters to me.

And on the note of pump internals, before anyone starts banging on about KMD/Autotech/APR, the APR has had faults as have the others. Don't feel you have to take the 'premium' route as you will gain nothing more. It proves yet again, that the highest price products DON'T necessarily deliver the best solution (Milltek have proved that in very recent times that their pipework is regularly reported to crack - thank the lord they have a good replacement scheme).

I think having read this post I am going to have a fiddle with the SPS settings, and back the boost off a bit. May get me a bit more sustainable performance. That said, the car may not be with me that much longer as I have gone and put my name down for a used Cayman S at the local Porsche centre this weekend (yes, a poor mans 911), but the heady mix of S3, Revo Stage 2+ / ITG / K04 and KMD fuel pump has been an absolute blast.
Audi S3 (8P)

Mods: Revo Stg 2+, KMD HPFP, ITG CAI, NGK Iridiums, Rev D DV, 19" RS4 wheels, PIAA bulbs

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2009, 10:34:11 am »

I'm always interested to read these threads.

The people who have bought the product present the pro's and perceived benefits, the people with something else / nothing come back with the knocks and 'you shoulda bought summat else'!!

....This is so often true but not so much in this thread. People are naturally very interested in the ITG solution and of course want to make comparisons - Usually as objectively and equally as possible. I for one, have high expectations of the performance of the ITG and include it on my list of possible mods.

As I'm an objective modifier I want it to work, period. It's what it delivers on the road, not with bonnet opened parked up that matters to me.

....As I posted earlier, I think the best products are those which look professionally designed AS WELL AS being functional - I hate the attitude of who cares what it looks like. Apart from routine maintenance I only ever open my bonnet when asked to, but I do get asked. Anyone who has read this whole thread properly will know my opinion on the foam block! But I'm not knocking the whole ITG product - Quite the contrary.

Let's not sidetrack this thread by talking about the APR HPFP, but could you post or PM me just a link to where such faults are discussed - Thanks :drinking:

I think the only way to make true comparisons between all the air intakes on the market is to do so on just one car on one rolling-road and one laptop on the road on the same route. There are just too many influencing factors otherwise it seems. As suggested, a magazine feature could sort that out.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2009, 04:47:43 pm »
Forgot to post this up from latest weeks session -

Thanks to Carl from Revo for sorting out the graph  :happy2:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2009, 04:50:01 pm »
i so want one   :rolleye:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2009, 04:53:35 pm »
^^^ B8-T5-F6  :happy2:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2009, 05:50:42 pm »

you'd deffinetly need a hpfp with the itg intake imo.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2009, 06:08:04 pm »

you'd deffinetly need a hpfp with the itg intake imo.

....Not necessarily - If you've got a Revo remap you could turn down the Boost setting and be fine on the stock fuel pump without fuel cut issues, I'm reliably advised. You could then get a HPFP later if you wanted. It's like 3+7=10 is the same as 4+6=10; Just a different balance.

If I get a high-flow tubular intake I'll just turn down my boost until I've got enough dosh for the APR HPFP but then I might just stay at Stage2 instead of 2+ and any extra stresses and not bother with the HPFP.