Make a donation

Author Topic: mid life crisis  (Read 4670 times)

Offline Rob1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 24
Re: mid life crisis
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2014, 05:54:55 am »
:congrats: really glad i started this thread , its great
Yeh it is a good one  :happy2:
Black Ed30

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
Re: mid life crisis
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2014, 07:10:27 am »
I passed my driving test in 1982 having just turned 18 and had already bought my first car - a MG Midget 1275 (this was when car insurance was a little more affordable!) I'd had a Saturday job in Sainsburys since I was 16, a paper round for years before that and had saved up enough to buy that little car before I could legally drive. The engine was removed, pistons enlarged and block rebored to 1340 if I remember correctly, I fitted a lightened flywheel, special clutch, ported the head and added LCB Janspeed manifold and straight through one box exhaust system. Twin carbs were enlarged from 1 ¼ to 1 ½ inch and K & N Filters added. That little car flew - and I don't remember uprating the brakes!
I've been improving every car I've owned ever since, ensuring they stop better as a priority first but the performance and other subtle additions have always been a part of enjoying car ownership. I'm turning 50 this year (can't quite believe it!) and I'll never stop modifying my cars, however subtlely. Saving for a REVO remap now!