Make a donation

Author Topic: MK6 front on a MK5  (Read 11675 times)

Offline SurreyED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 32
Re: MK6 front on a MK5
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 06:34:41 pm »
Do what makes you happy mate  it's your car, your money. Fair enough asking an opinion but don't let it change your mind because say 10 people out of the billions in the world don't like it!

Everyone has different opinions when it comes to cars, I personally think air ride is stupid and so does probably 70% of modders out there but you never see air ride threads getting bombarded with sh*t comments  :laugh:

Just to make everyone happy ask which DV to use and zip tie a Pokemon from your rear tie hook just for "laughs"  :P :grin:
Edition 30 build No:692 Revo stage 2 SOLD
Edition 30 build No:440 Stage 1 SOLD

Offline J400uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 27
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,98768.0.html
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 06:41:37 pm »
Woah wasn't expecting that kind of response! Its only an idea which I thought was worth investigating if it can be done for a few hundred. Would freshen up the looks of the front end and I had been thinking of changing the wings and lights anyway for other reasons. If its huge amounts of effort then no probably not worth it  :smiley:

Also I don't know if people remember but VW officially put a Mk6 front on the Mk5 estate when they facelifted it, results weren't bad:

As for the price comparisons to an actual Mk6 GTI, its still £10k at the bottom end of the market - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201406295402921. That's double what my car is probably worth and I wouldn't particularly want one that age anyway due to the timing chain issue with the engine.
2015 Audi TT Sport Scuba Blue 2.0 TFSI 230 PS

Offline BcPitta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 06:46:09 pm »
id find a car that had been in a front end bump if i was going to do it, looks awesome IMO

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 06:47:03 pm »
If you like it, go for it, its good to see someone trying something different. If you can get most parts secondhand, and know a half decent panelbeater that could flatten the swage line on the wings, it would look much better  than the ones I have seen pictures of. Its the little details that make the difference

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2014, 07:46:17 pm »
not worth it considering the expense

buy a mk6
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 09:14:57 pm »
The cost point of view, a carbon fibre bonnet and wings from Seibon would be cheaper, plus the wings give you 10mm extra arch (handy for lowered cars with bigger offset wheels). Not many people do the carbon fibre wings, few still leave them in the carbon gloss finish. Different and a hell of a lot of weight off the front end.

Perhaps I'm convincing myself as well here...

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline George10

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2014, 10:42:23 pm »
If that's what you wanna do then do it  :happy2:
My mate (Tuk customs) done a whole mk5 mk6 conversion and it looked awesome.

Before all you people start hating this is his job and he done it so people can see what he's capable off. He did say it's a wanker and if you're looking to get the led lights there's a bit of wiring that needs changing.

Offline BcPitta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 03:53:35 pm »
that looks mint bar the small wheels