Make a donation

Author Topic: Anybody used VAS Works in Poole? Thinking of getting some work done there  (Read 7015 times)

Offline LukePraoline

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
I've had all my servicing , cam belt  and mods done on my revo stage 2 GTI at vas and couldn't recommend them enough. Answer all my questions about remaps and parts I need. Would recommend them to anyone.

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Well it was booked in for today and they turned out to be an utter shambles. All the staff seemed to drive barried up bangers with stretched tyres and ruined suspension etc which didn't fill me with confidence in their abilities to begin with. Despite me making it very clear in all communications that I absolutely needed a courtesy car, I arrived and they had sent them all out except one which was broken. I was promised one within 15 minutes, they just had to nip down the road to get some tax apparently, after 50 minutes of standing around I gave up in disgust and left as I needed to get to work. The net result was several hours of wasted time, some wasted petrol and me in a very bad mood and the work still needs doing.

So to summarise I would recommend avoiding them like the plague.

Don't know about them, but Hines VW in Ferndown are my regular independant. Good guys there. They just did my my cambelt, v-belt, waterpump and coolant change for around £440. Don't know how that compares price wise.

I might look into these and see if they are any better, alternatively it's off to the main dealers for me. An extra £100 to not have to deal with such shambolic organisation and timewasting plus a main dealer invoice is now looking like a bargain.

I have been using VAS works for years. I have had a lot of cars and used a lot of garages and they are by far the best.
There knowledge of the cars whether its day to day mechanical problems to tuning and aftermarket modifications is exceptional.

I appreciate that you may have had a bad experience but I think you are in a very small minority. Also Stating that there cars aren't to your liking has little or nothing to do with their ability to work on your car and their knowledge on what they are doing.

From experience and knowing the guys for a long time, if you had an issue then maybe the best thing would be to address that with the garage, instead of slating them on here and potentially losing them business.

I currently have a bmw 135 and use their sister company MVT as again are so helpful and reasonable.  happy2

SOOOO basically, definitely use them. You wont be disappointed and guarantee you will use them again and again after this  drinking
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
I echo what John says above ^^^

They have never done anything but go out of their way to help me and their knowledge and enthusiasm goes to show!

I had the majority of my modifications carried out on my Edition 30 at VAS Works . Ever since going there for a Revo Stage1 map, their level of customer service and friendliness and interest in cars impressed me, so kept going back up until it was the fully sorted Stage 2+ weapon it was when I sold it... but I still go back there with my current Mk4 Golf daily diesel... just cos I know it's gonna be looked after and cared for as if it was one of their own (though they want me to Revo map it and i refuse  :signLOL: )

A courtesy car shouldn't be expected or demanded when taking a car to a garage, it's something they are doing to help you out... And if they had unexpectedly lost track of their courtesy cars and had to tax one for you so you had one, surely it shows they're going out of their way to help. It takes time to go somewhere and what's to say the post office isn't going to be busy or traffic is going to delay them? Someone needs to learn some patience instead of coming on here slating them.

I know  ALOT of people which use them and I'm sure the owners of the Astons and Porsches that use them also because of the quality of their work would disagree with you... :booty:

I for one would definitely highly recommend them, and won't be going anywhere else!  :congrats:
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline TurboHatchback

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email

A courtesy car shouldn't be expected or demanded when taking a car to a garage, it's something they are doing to help you out... And if they had unexpectedly lost track of their courtesy cars and had to tax one for you so you had one, surely it shows they're going out of their way to help. It takes time to go somewhere and what's to say the post office isn't going to be busy or traffic is going to delay them? Someone needs to learn some patience instead of coming on here slating them.

Err, no. It was quite clear in all communications that a courtesy car was required as a condition of doing the work and this was agreed by them, therefore it was both demanded and expected. This is normal for work taking more than a couple of hours as most people have jobs they have to get to and can't hang around all day waiting for work to be done.

They may well have perfectly competent mechanics but if they can't organise themselves well enough to facilitate the work actually being done that doesn't help me. Anyway, the work is now booked in at the main dealers, it might be £120 more all in but hopefully they will be more organised, the job will actually get done and I can get to work.

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
Well I'm sorry you obviously caught them on an 'Off' day as normally they are very good, and certainly don't deserve to be slated on here like a kid in a playground would... Sounds like even if they'd made a logistical mistake, they went out of their way to get a car sorted for you, but obviously not quick enough for your liking  :notworthy:

Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline johnboy07

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Mistakes do happen, I know ive made enough of them but for the owner to take a special trip into the town to tax a car specifically for you to ensure you have a courtesy car regardless of whos fault it may be for there not being one available, to me is above and beyond what any car garage owner would do.

I hope everything does go well for you at the main dealer, I really do but I feel your impatience and irrational response to the situation was a tad childish and really you've lost out as if you had given them a chance to rectify the problem, you would not only get top notch workmanship and knowledge but you would also be £120 better off.

But better to forget and move on I just hope these comments are taken with a pinch of salt as they are brilliant lads  happy2 drinking
Stage 2+ 280.4 bhp ITG, Revo Stage 2+, decat, hpfp, THS intercooler, THS engine mounts, Pcv revamp, sportline springs, rs4 fuel valve, DS2500 pads and brembo discs, braided lines, ATE super blue brake fluid and more to come