Make a donation

Author Topic: VW taking the pi$$.  (Read 4259 times)

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Re: Re: VW taking the pi$$.
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2014, 10:25:54 am »
Great, mines in at Listers Stratford tomorrow for cam belt and water pump, dsg oil change and major service.....they quoted me £675 for cam belt and water pump? I thought that was menu pricing? :confused:
Just been in to listers this morning, cambelt and water pump: £499, dsg: £175. So for both your price is right.

Try to get them to match vw Chelmsford prices I linked?
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline markymark

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
Re: VW taking the pi$$.
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2014, 11:55:35 am »
Well I got my cam belt, water pump, DSG oil change, haldex oil change and brake fluid changed for the grand total of £800.82. It also had a major service but that was covered by my free servicing when I bought the car! I'm fairly happy with the price considering all that has been done and the staff we're very helpful as usual! :happy2:

Offline bigmig95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 50
  • I know enough to know that I don't know enough.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,53191.0.html
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2014, 02:12:47 pm »
For all you local lads Stratford sounds ok then.  Saying that someone must have been happy with Listers during its life........just not me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2014, 04:16:52 pm »
I had my cambelt, tensioner, rollers, water pump etc. done by VW Knaresborough, and an oil service, for £290. £40 of that was the oil service.
........that's great for a main dealer.

i think they use a different exchange rate in that part of the country  :chicken:

Offline markymark

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2014, 05:19:51 pm »
For all you local lads Stratford sounds ok then.  Saying that someone must have been happy with Listers during its life........just not me.

I have had my issues with Listers previously but after the issue was resolved I have no cause for complaint, but you pay your money you make your own choice! :happy2:

Offline Leonpettit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 9
  • 2008 Edition 30 DSG - No.1706
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89470.msg905534.html#msg905534
Re: Re: Re: VW taking the pi$$.
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2014, 07:00:50 pm »

I have had my issues with Listers previously but after the issue was resolved I have no cause for complaint, but you pay your money you make your own choice! :happy2:
I think marks statement is best. They look after you when they can, but they do have flaws.

I usually go to them and get them to price match to Pioneer automotive. That'll knock 200 off.
Mods coming soon...