Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 795 times)

Offline gtgeorge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« on: July 28, 2014, 12:07:32 am »
Hi all

Just joined up, recently purchased a 2007 3 door United Grey Golf GT Sport TDi and loving it. Its done 96,000 , 2 owners, immaculate, new camelt came with a set of new bbs ch reps staggered fit, gti rear bottom bumper and backbox, gti skirts and front lip, paid 5k for it :)

Only downsides was i wanted black headlights as its got the chrome ones, and ones genuine and ones a new pattern part (no VW emblem inside the light) , so Ive purchased a pair off eBay for £100, some R32 rear lights I won for £51, ordered some FK coilovers as the BBS look a bit daft on standard ride height. Ive Id like to black vinyl the front middle grill piece. Ive fitted SMD sidelight bulbs, rear numberplate light bulbs and ordered the SMD ones for the front foglights. Just want to get it lower and keep it clean/oem look :)

Runs okay, only things ive noticed aircon takes a while to kick in sometimes (climatronic) and the turbo makes that woo woo sound like an owl/siren but only slightly, pulls like a train (140bhp BKD 6 speed)

Some tarmac lorry shoved me into a kerb and two of the BBS are going to need minor repairs :(

Cheers peoples

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 12:29:00 am »
welcome to the forum from another gttdi owner :happy2:
Get some pics up