Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG map  (Read 8323 times)

Offline GS WAX

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Re: DSG map
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 10:44:42 pm »
Does anyone know if it's still possible to cruise around town or on the motorway without revving the tits off your car with a DSG remap?

Yes you can..... If you couldn't it would be a bit sh*t.

I presume he means in S mode, if so no you cant.

P.s  anyone with cruise control,make sure you have the revised file,if it is the same as mk6 then cruise is not working properly.
pps  DSG map is not 100% satisfactory if you specify linear throttle,according to tech at revo, I tried it first and it was terrible for general driving.

Why would you drive around town or down a motorway in S mode?

Only reason I could think of referring to revving its tits off, cruising too long in S mode. shrugs shoulders :smiley:

Apart from track/strip use, what exactly is the point of S, personally I cant see an advantage,given the lack of fixed position paddles, its just doesn't seem  flexible enough,Sports mode in M would be better imo, given the limitations of the paddle position with the almost boat like steering rack ratio of our cars.
Switchable custom dsg maps anyone...nudge,nudge, come on revo,hurry up, oh the dream of an adjustable touque limit based on the amount of traction one has available.

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=cgav5v2hfum6arm20vq7afasuo&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: DSG map
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 11:16:55 pm »
Absolutely no idea... I never use S mode, pretty pointless, especially when your car is mapped, you need more control... and S can be a bit unpredictable.