Make a donation

Author Topic: Jonny's Shadow Blue GTi  (Read 7394 times)

Offline JonnyM92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Re: Jonny's Shadow Blue GTi
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2014, 07:46:02 pm »
really like the colour mate
Ditto lovely colour, although I would say that :smiley:

Thanks, haha your car is awesome and yep, great colour  :wink:

Offline jaye2992

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2014, 07:49:47 pm »
Liking the blue colour, looks a clean example! Just got a GTI myself and I also missed some rust bubbles around the rear badge :( not visible until close though thankfully. How much did you get quoted to repair?

Thanks. I was quoted to fix the rust on the boot and the rear arch (involves a full respray on the drivers side) at £375.. cash price though!

I have gone to VW and they have opened a warranty claim on the car, the chap took paint readings and pictures and was going to see what they could do. From what I've read they seem to offer 50% towards the repair of the boot rust - I would go to them first and get a price!
Ah right, good price really then for that! Yea worth doing I suppose, I did the same on my previous car (audi a3) and they repaired it for 30%.

Offline Rob1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 24
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 10:23:40 pm »

really like the colour mate
Ditto lovely colour, although I would say that :smiley:

Thanks, haha your car is awesome and yep, great colour  :wink:
cheers matey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Black Ed30

Offline JonnyM92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 10:17:41 pm »
So added a few little bits over the winter period.

Got some winter wheels, 16" alloys from a standard golf. Makes mine look like a rep though..

Firstly got ALL the rust sorted, local bodyshop did a great job too. Got them to touch up some other marks as well while they were at it. A week or so without the car but worth it and a weight off my mind.

Then a new battery, Bosch S5. Was in the sale on Euro Car Parts, the car was a little hesitant on cold startup, it was on the original battery and changing it has sorted it out.

Fitted cruise control myself over Christmas, cheers Eddie-NL for supplying the parts and giving advice! Process was a lot easier than anticipated, glad I didn't pay £100+ to fit it too!

Got a Pipercross panel filter for Christmas, which I've promptly fitted - can't say it makes a massive difference.. maybe slightly noisier.

Then got a eBay special short shifter. Hopefully get this fitted soon, when the 100mph winds have died down..

Offline cicco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2015, 10:35:51 am »
Tidy looking motor mate,  got a shadow blue myself and been really happy with it since I got it.

Offline Jcarroll

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 05:41:17 pm »
Love the colour, i have a GT in the same colour and whilst you often see bogo ones in that colour its rare to see a proper MK5 in it!

Whats next on the list of mods?

Offline JonnyM92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 06:44:09 pm »
Tidy looking motor mate,  got a shadow blue myself and been really happy with it since I got it.

Love the colour, i have a GT in the same colour and whilst you often see bogo ones in that colour its rare to see a proper MK5 in it!
Whats next on the list of mods?

Haha the rare shadow blue but two have the same colour  :ashamed: just joking, great colour!

Next is get the 17" Monzas refurbed and then find and fit an RNS310 I think!
Will look into removing the precat at some point too, whether I try this myself or get a garage to do it I'm not sure..