Make a donation

Author Topic: Fatal motorbike crash.  (Read 6872 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: Fatal motorbike crash.
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2014, 12:14:37 am »
The point I don't agree with at the end of the video is the "Think Bike!". It is too often used when inappropriate.

It is very sad the guy lost his life in such a way, but who's to say if he hadn't died there, then at the next junction or crossing some innocent 8 year old would have been hit by him and killed instead?........Pre-emptive karma?

I live close to the Derbyshire Dales and it is bezerk the speeds that some bikers do. I personally know of several bikers who have lost their lives or ended up badly injured due to very high speed accidents.

I do understand that any driver needs to pay attention when pulling into or out of a junction, in this case I wouldn't like to comment as the driver of the car admitted that he hadn't even seen the car coming let alone the biker that overtook the car!
Golf R gone.

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2014, 08:35:25 am »
I hope many of those commenting on this are never called to jury service.  With a few honourable exceptions, all I can see are snap judgements, ignorance of the law and complete disregard for those who knew this young man and his family.

I make mistakes every time I drive.  I make mistakes every time I ride a motorbike or a bicycle.  I know that because I concentrate - hard - on every drive and ride.  I have NEVER been in a car with someone who's perfect, and I would be very surprised if anyone here was a perfect driver.  If you think you are, then I would suggest that you lack self-awareness or the capacity to be self-critical.

This was, in my opinion , a tragedy caused by youthful exuberance (we've all been there) and a driver who looked far enough up the road to see anyone travelling at perhaps 50mph towards him, but no further.  It will have been a tragedy for both sides.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 09:00:37 am by SRC »

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2014, 09:12:58 pm »
I've seen a couple of grim motorcycle cases over the years. I would never ride one on the public highway end of. Majority of blame will rest with car driver here as they have turned across path of correctly proceeding vehicle; speed in itself is not an act of negligence, 80:20 in bikers favour. It is better to die like that than be left paralysed from the neck down like some I have seen
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Pikey Motorsports

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2014, 09:41:11 pm »
the crunch does go through me everytime i repeated the video

RIP to the dude

on a straight road like that unless your blind or didnt look properly most people with half a brain can judge the speed of a motorcycle/car coming towards them

also the biker could have avoided the accident, it is a ridiculous speed to be doing going into a junction

both are at fault, both could have avoided the accident..

most people on the road are not enthusiastic drivers like some of us, they dont enjoy driving and just want to get home and dont take a 2nd look unfortunatley

TSR PERFORMANCE GTX30 520BHP
LITCHFIELD R35 GT-R 660BHP
MSL E63 AMG 720BHP
HCP BM3 M5 800BHP

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2014, 09:54:51 pm »
Don't be too quick to say people deserve death until you can give life to those who have life taken from them unfairly. We're all allowed opinions of course, just be careful how to word them to avoid causing anger.

My opinion is simple. Want to drive fast and on the edge? Go to the track. It's bad manors to drive dangerously on public roads.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!