Make a donation

Author Topic: New member on the lookout for 5 doors!  (Read 963 times)

Mac210882

New member on the lookout for 5 doors!
« on: September 14, 2014, 05:54:22 pm »
Hi everyone,

I figured I'd say hi, hopefully I'll be getting to use this forum more in the very near future as my wife and I are hunting for a 5 door GTI. At the moment we live in NYC and have done for the last 4 years, but we're returning to the UK next weekend to start a new chapter of our lives with our 7 week old daughter  :happy2:

She wouldn't let me get an RS4 Avant just yet... (maybe in the future when the business picks up!) so the family car selection has been narrowed down to a Mk5 GTI, in 5 door configuration for easy access to the kiddie seat in the back. Ideally I'd like an Ed30 DSG with 5 doors, mileage doesn't concern me too much, I'll be buying on condition. Budget around £7k, which might be a little tight for an Ed30 but we'll see what comes up. Red/Black/Grey are being considered, with Tornado Red being the favourite at the moment.

So, hopefully we'll find something in the next week or two so I can arrange a viewing when we're back in the UK.

Cheers

Iain

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: New member on the lookout for 5 doors!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 06:06:33 pm »
Welcome  to the site Iain and back to the UK,keep checking the for sale section on here as they do come up for sale

Offline Tazgti5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 07:27:16 pm »
Welcome back to the uk :happy2:

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 08:09:02 pm »
Welcome Iain, you won't regrate getting a mk5. Try and get a well spec'ed one  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline shail

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,99663.msg979899.html#msg979899
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 09:20:34 pm »
Hi!  Ive recently joined and like you haven't yet got a Mk5.  Also like you, I'm leaning towards a Ed30.  From looking at prices I think you'd struggle with your budget.

Offline mandeep_vw

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 03:19:20 pm »
welcome along! ed30 you're talking 8k for cat d's... all the best with your search!