Make a donation

Author Topic: Do people treat you differently?  (Read 11699 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b8at9dt2u2i3motku4cg5ekp8j&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Do people treat you differently?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2014, 10:11:20 am »
Cut my hair yesterday (skin head). Driving back from the garden centre I tried to get this guy to wind his window down to tell him his break lights were stuck on and he was very reluctant to do so.... he said he though i was gonna ask him to pull over.  :signLOL:

Offline trash116

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2014, 05:52:03 pm »
They definitely do.  I get let in and less hassle when Im driving my 1965 VW Camper than when Im in my GTI

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2014, 06:22:35 pm »
Cut my hair yesterday (skin head). Driving back from the garden centre I tried to get this guy to wind his window down to tell him his break lights were stuck on and he was very reluctant to do so.... he said he though i was gonna ask him to pull over.  :signLOL:

can't hide that chin.

Offline Morgen

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 10
  • 2008 DSG Edition 30
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 12:59:44 pm »
I had a little 2012 VW Up! before I bought my ed30.. It was highly modified, sat veryyy close to the ground with some phatttt borbet A's and a good few degrees of camber :ashamed:

Being a 19 year old female who hadn't been driving for even a year I thought I'd have been pulled willy nilly in the thing... But it was "just an Up" so I never had any bother.. I've only just recently bought the edition but I doubt highly that I'll make it a few months without a pull  :stupid:

Offline jaffa

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 44
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90080.0.html
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2014, 02:16:40 pm »
i just get little boy racers in "limited edition" corsa 1.2's revving there engines trying to get me to race  :signLOL:

Offline TaraLewe

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2014, 01:45:08 pm »
I never get let out of junctions or given way to in my Mercedes but people always used to in my golf!

Offline GTi-Andy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2014, 04:17:01 pm »
My previous cars to the GTi have been a Vectra VXR and an Insignia VXR, buts it's only this car where I get others tailgating   me urging me for a race!

So much for keeping it standard!

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2014, 07:01:02 pm »
Do you ever feel that other drivers behave aggressively towards you because of the car you drive?

Sometimes, but, the worst so far is being in a Black Audi where NO-ONE, including peace bearing hippies and street pastors giving out free cakes wont let me out of junctions or flash me to go while waiting  :booty:

In the MK5 GTI, I'd find the complete opposite and I got a friendly attitude from all VW group cars and most other car brands/vehicle types TBH...  :love:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 06:15:41 pm by rdfcpete »
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b8at9dt2u2i3motku4cg5ekp8j&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2014, 07:31:57 pm »
No one ever lets me out.

But Spanish people don't even stop for pedestrians on zebra crossings/pelican crossings.

Did get some beatch  give me the worst look ever the other day. I was heading towards a roundabout at pace looked clear until she decides to turn left from the right lane with no indication so i had to lay on the anchors and get the look. Followed along behind her and she goes WOT (audi q7). TBH i had to go some to keep up. She bottled it on a bend so i flew past her.

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline mrvertigo73

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2014, 10:44:24 pm »
It's much less noticeable in the GTI than it was in my Boxster S. In that car, blokes think you're a flashy dickhead who can't afford a 911 and women think you're making up for something in the trouser dept. either way, you don't get let out very often!
How did she know?

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2014, 08:03:37 am »
I drive in London. 90% of other road users hate everyone on the road no matter what you drive.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline BlackRabbit

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2014, 07:24:36 pm »
Have quite a disliking to yaris drivers, Always seem to redline them past me! -.-

Offline TyGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2014, 09:17:51 pm »
Have quite a disliking to yaris drivers, Always seem to redline them past me! -.-

Agree with Yaris drivers... doesnt matter what car i'm in they always do something stupid! At least they are predictable, just sit back and wait  :stupid:

Offline M9xxr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2014, 11:39:57 pm »
I find everyone in a mk4 golf gti has to "try" and prove a point.  :grin:

Offline ROH ECHT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2014, 09:11:26 pm »
I notice folks take off much quicker and more often when sitting side by side than before my MK5. They also will go faster when they are passed by my MK5 rather than continuing their steady speeds they were going before I passed. More drivers driving Crap, later Honda's up to beat up 4wd pickup's, all of a sudden become racers....and I believe they feel they "Win" because they have made an unGodly loud noise beside me with their deteriorating exhaust systems.  :drinking:
Stuff that comes with GTI ownership  :happy2:
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1