• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Help!
« on: October 30, 2014, 01:51:32 pm »
Hi all,

I have a 2006 VW Touareg that I use to tow my drift car! Haven't had it that long and about a week or so after owning it a warning would come up with a key symbolsaying system work shop. It only came on for a minute or so and then went, didn't come on every journey. It's been back to the garage we got it from for months now trying to get to the bottom of it. It's had the ecu sent off and checked, it's had a new key and been to VW but nobody seems to have a clue.

Anyone have any idea?

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 01:59:28 pm »
Without a scan it's guess work, is there anyone in your area that could scan for some beer tokens>?

Here's the register: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88875.0.html

Offline TaraLewe

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 02:00:55 pm »
It's been scanned on vag com and nothing is coming up. It's been scanned whilst driven as the warning comes up and still nothing comes up on vag com.

Offline TaraLewe

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 02:01:35 pm »

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 02:05:09 pm »

Offline TaraLewe

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 04:15:26 pm »
Ok they have now found the issue... it need a new kessy unit which is going to cost the garage £700 to fix and they have told me I need to pay £250 towards this. Do you guys think I should be paying this? The problem has been within the first week of having the car and has taken them since May to find this fault and they have had it on and off during this time telling me its been fixed a few times when it hasn't. They have now had it since start of September. The warranty covers £300 per issue and they have said they have spent £1400 so far trying to find the issue so now I need to pay. Any help would be great :(

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 07:59:58 pm »
My suggestion is to pay then dispute it after and try to claim a refund if you think you have a case. Once you've paid, at least they can't charge you more. Have a good read through the small print of your warranty details and also check out the legal side online. A Saturday afternoon web trawling and research may net you some free work.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 12:13:08 pm »
You shouldn't have to pay a penny. Just ask for your money back and hand the car back. Fully within your rights.

Offline TaraLewe

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 04:52:03 pm »
Just to update you all!

I now have my Touareg back. The garage I got it from seemed to think the Tow Bar smart system was faulty causing the Kessy unit to break. The tow bar company have paid the garage so I could get my truck back and are fitting a new system and sending the old one off to see if it is faulty!