Make a donation

Author Topic: So, we bought it!  (Read 1030 times)

Offline WolfsburgEd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
So, we bought it!
« on: November 10, 2014, 11:43:13 pm »
'05 dark blue 5dr DSG with 47k

One owner with FVAGSH, Cream leather, sat nav, sun roof, 17's

Generally impressed overall - it needs a few bits of trim replacing inside due to wear: Drivers door handle where the rubber coating has picked off, the drivers elec window button as the coating has come off and the same for the dsg paddles.

Otherwise the drivers seat just needs a good clean and condition on the bolster to clean up the creases and the boot badge has lost a lot of the chrome edging.

I'm puttting a full set of Pirelli Sottozero W240 winters on next weekend as the back tyres are original (!) and very perished but the fronts are new Contisport5 so I will need to get some mint Monza's for next summer. Its the school-run car so unlikely to do 18's!

A few tweeks planned - R32 rear lights, poly bush on the dsg mount, cruise control retro fit and maybe the RNS510. Some of the Revo induction pipework, an S3 intercooler and a remap should make it a bit more lively. First job though is to get the Halfords superbright bulbs in the terrible headlamps (I feel a xenon upgrade coming on...).

Will get some pics up in the galery in due course.
Her Car - '10 Tiguan Summit Oscarli St1 + DTUK Pedalbox

His Car - '09 Saab 9-5 2.3 Aero St4+ 320ps

Spare Car - '05 GTI dsg 5dr

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: So, we bought it!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 07:10:36 pm »
Welcome. looks like a nice spec and low mileage car you have found. Nice to see some pics  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera