Make a donation

Author Topic: Other Forums  (Read 2980 times)

Offline DDM

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Re: Other Forums
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 11:59:09 am »
from memory i think your reply to my (reply to post) was what a load of rubbish. so in all fairness that makes you the same as the others your having problems with.
if i could comment on your threads ect, it comes accross sometimes that you have a chip on your shoulder, i've seen it a few times on here.
example: you don't need to put like you have in the post that you have ex number of years experiance in the police ect and other stuff just to reply to a post, just a helpful comment is enough, this is possibly the reason your coming accross wrong, 

Offline th3_f15t

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 01:46:23 pm »
from memory i think your reply to my (reply to post) was what a load of rubbish. so in all fairness that makes you the same as the others your having problems with.
if i could comment on your threads ect, it comes accross sometimes that you have a chip on your shoulder, i've seen it a few times on here.
example: you don't need to put like you have in the post that you have ex number of years experiance in the police ect and other stuff just to reply to a post, just a helpful comment is enough, this is possibly the reason your coming accross wrong,

The problem with forums: unless you know the person in real life, you can't always interpret their meaning in replies accurately. I've commented on posts before then read it back the next day and realised it sounds quite judgemental or harsh. Just put a smilie next to any post, makes it more friendly. :happy2:

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

dansmith180

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 02:39:38 pm »

The problem with forums: unless you know the person in real life, you can't always interpret their meaning in replies accurately. I've commented on posts before then read it back the next day and realised it sounds quite judgemental or harsh. Just put a smilie next to any post, makes it more friendly. :happy2:

^^^^ exactly this, problem with text is there's no body language or tone of voice to gauge how to interpret it. Its easy to read something as blunt or aggressive when it wasn't meant that way.

Offline Bane

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
  • "I was born a handsome man and now I'm half a goat
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2014, 02:49:55 pm »
I frequent another motring forum and I have to say that the difference between this one and that one is night and day.
This one is a pretty friendly place and folk are more than happy to help.
The other one however....I don't post in it as much as I used to,as there are some highly opinionated posters and there have been one or two right royal keyboard battles waged...which makes for entertaining reading but when it gets to the playground slanging match,then it gets tedious.
Folk have left in a huff,been banned and then re-joined under a different user name just to carry on thier argument....I've even seen the same argument crossing threads!
TBH,you get some that are over moderated,some under moderated and some that just seem to have no interest from thier mods.