Make a donation

Author Topic: Black GTI Pirelli heading in to Chesterfield  (Read 1338 times)

Offline HandyAndy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 3
  • MkV Golf GTs 140
Black GTI Pirelli heading in to Chesterfield
« on: December 17, 2014, 09:12:26 pm »
On my daily return from work I came up behind an 08 reg black 5 door GTI I think it was KY08

Followed it from Chatsworth along the A617

Nifty lil motor, but I managed to keep up  :signLOL:

United grey - Mk5 GTs [140] TDI on a 08 reg.

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
Re: Black GTI Pirelli heading in to Chesterfield
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 09:16:21 am »
Andy

that was me. I could tell a Golf had come up behind me and thought it may have been a ED30 when you turned right at the mini roundabout behind me and I got a fleeting glimpse of the alloys.

it was a rotten night and I was being very careful. I also had a boot full of wine and beer having done a little xmas shop in Manchester. I was heading to the M1 to head south.

There was very little chance to get the power down with all the standing water.

I do that route every other week on a wednesday or thursday that time of night having spent a few nights away. I also often see a white ED30 with a bonnet bra and rid accents to the alloys in Chesterfield on a regular basis - have you seen that one

will look out for you again. Have a good xmas as I am not travelling for a few weeks now
Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline HandyAndy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 3
  • MkV Golf GTs 140
Re: Black GTI Pirelli heading in to Chesterfield
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 01:07:31 pm »
Lol, a Golf coming up behind is quite easy to spot, it's just what's under the bonnet that is not always easy to spot. Your not wrong about the standing water on the road, as I passed the wagon in your wake I still felt all four tyres leave the tarmac but as I was in a straight line I just managed to power over it  :stupid:  :grin:

Not seen the white ED30 you mentioned, I do see a lot of GT though and a few GTs like mine.

I used to hate the drive when I had my Chevy captiva, despite it being a 150bh motor, at 2.5ton or thereabouts it wasn't very responsive. This Golf has given me a new enjoyment on my commute.

You have a good festive break and I'll look out for you again.

United grey - Mk5 GTs [140] TDI on a 08 reg.