Make a donation

Author Topic: HELP - Radio & CD player buttons have all stopped working !!!  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Jakesangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
HELP - Radio & CD player buttons have all stopped working !!!
« on: December 18, 2014, 09:50:30 am »
All the buttons on the radio & CD player have stopped working overnight in the GTi !!! I believe the model I have is MFD2 - RNS2. Has anyone experienced this problem before and have a possible solution ? I can use the volume knob no problem and move the CD's backward & forward using the other knob but that it which is really annoying. I did notice this morning that the button at the very top and furthest to the right appears to be pushed/stuck in fully whereas all the others seems to be fine. I don't know if this would have any impact though. Any advice or help would be really appreciated. :sad1:

Offline Jakesangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: HELP - Radio & CD player buttons have all stopped working !!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 11:09:50 am »
Problem solved. The button at the top and far right of the unit that appeared to be stuck in position was the cause of the problem. I managed to release it properly using a small pin. Once the button was back in its correct position all the buttons were able to function again. According to my wife it seems that my 3 year old daughter was playing with the stereo yesterday while waiting in the car with her !!! WTF  :happy2: