Make a donation

Author Topic: windscreen super clean  (Read 5018 times)

Offline Gripper1

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: windscreen super clean
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 01:43:47 pm »
Got some 0000 wool from B&Q and my screens come up a treat

Shedboyzz

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 12:26:44 am »
Does Rain X really work?

Offline AndyBrown

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 12:51:04 am »
Does Rain X really work?

It's not bad works ok, does repel the water but not that good if you're not doing motorway speeds, I want to try G3 I think it is. That seems to get good reviews.

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 06:56:26 pm »
If you clean your windscreen and then apply Rain x it will work perfectly fine, I've done motorway driving in heavy rain and not needed to use the windscreen wipers having put a coat of rain x on (it was a day old application).

However it doesn't last very long , i'd say 3 or 4 bouts of rain and it needs re-doing or if it doesn't rain then general weathering will see it lose a great deal of effectiveness about 3 weeks after application - however it's such a piece of p155 and quick to do, which coupled with he fact it's cheap means its lack of longevity is nae bother in my book :happy2:

Offline Panthera

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2015, 04:19:08 pm »
I would suggest, washing the windscreen and wiper blades as normal using car shampoo, hose down, then clay the glass thoroughly and, re-wash.  Dress with AG Glass Polish, although I must warn, that I find with a screen with chips the polish sticks in the small cracks. Also wipe the blades with the polish allow to cure and buff off.  Alternatively, and what I currently use and really like, is Auto Finesse Crystal and do the same.  Watch the rain speed off the screen like it is coated in silicone.   
Its all things to all men...Golf GTi
2007 Blue Graphite Golf GTi