Make a donation

Author Topic: Rust Update - those who have been successful  (Read 11119 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Re: Rust Update - those who have been successful
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 10:01:04 pm »
They took pics and sent it to vw for approval and then Chelmsford did the work.

All very simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Yorkie92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 08:58:48 am »
I got my wings done FOC but wouldn't do the sills. They said if the rust is not coming from the inside and is due to a stone chip or like they will not cover so just prove its from the inside (If possible?) and go from there :happy2:

Offline BenMiller692

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 05:40:15 am »
I have tried to get my wings sorted at my local dealer and their first response was that my car doesnt have a full VWSH? Any of you guys had this? My arguement so far is along the lines of, its a corrosion issue as far as i am aware body panels are not components you service so having a service history should be irrelevant?

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,93533.msg937034.html#msg937034
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 10:22:02 am »
I just got my wings redone for free, then a week later noticed my tailagte, took it back and they sorted that out too! The only difference being, the wings were a straight up replacement, and the tailgate was a repair, so just a re-spray. But they have done an absolutely amazing job, so can't complain. Seems very strange that some of us have more luck than others.. Maybe try another VW garage?

Instagram @george_kersh

Offline BenMiller692

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 12:22:49 pm »
Popped into the same dealer this morning. Walked in spoke to a different bloke. As soon as i mentioned rusty wings on a mk5 he said bring it in on a weekday they will do the assesment and send it off to VW  . No mention of service history or anything!! Going to head in there Monday afternoon if i can get time off work!

Offline Georrge

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,93533.msg937034.html#msg937034
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2015, 07:21:17 pm »
Good stuff! Yeah service history isn't required for the claim to go through

Instagram @george_kersh

Offline Broomy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 02:15:24 pm »
Mine was authorised by the dealer 100% no argument necessary, couldn't believe it. Fair play to vw

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
  • Burning Rubber Since 16th Febuary 2012
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89941.0.html
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2015, 02:52:11 pm »
Cars booked I for the 20/3/15 vw paying 100% for everything both wings and sills which I'm happy about plus a free courtesy car :)
Cars estimated to be in for one week just hope they do a good job and the cars in safe hands anyone on here ever used VW LOOKERS BLACKBURN??
:)

Offline AndyBrown

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2015, 03:48:23 pm »
Cars booked I for the 20/3/15 vw paying 100% for everything both wings and sills which I'm happy about plus a free courtesy car :)
Cars estimated to be in for one week just hope they do a good job and the cars in safe hands anyone on here ever used VW LOOKERS BLACKBURN??
:)

Did you get any grief about the sills?
Ive been offered a goodwill contribution and still quoted me £500!

Offline BenMiller692

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 04:49:07 pm »
Ive been offered 100% on my wings too. Booked in on 23/3/15   sills would be 50% so that leaves me having to pay £356.50!! I will leave the sills. Also i have to pay for the panels to be blended! 100+VAT per side. Im hoping they will match ok without that though!!

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 04:55:47 pm »
Ive been offered 100% on my wings too. Booked in on 23/3/15   sills would be 50% so that leaves me having to pay £356.50!! I will leave the sills. Also i have to pay for the panels to be blended! 100+VAT per side. Im hoping they will match ok without that though!!

Personally mate, I'd sell a kidney/child and get all the paint work done in one hit, then the blending will be better and the rust put to rest. Leaving the sills longer could just make it worse and VW may turn around in a few years and say no to anyone due to the mk5 being over 10 years old now (how scary is that!).

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline BenMiller692

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 04:58:33 pm »
Fair play mate i didnt think of it that way. My sill has one tiny bubble about the size of a 5p at the moment and only on one side. I have a mate that could sort it for me so will have a think! I am waiting for VW to come back to me about my tailgate but "pictures weren't clear enough" so they are taking more on the 23rd!!

Offline Ruggy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 05:04:51 pm »
I sent an email to the VW dealership in Bradford yesterday. Below is the response I received:

"Morning MR Ryan

With regards to the rust on your car, if the rust is at the top of the wheel arch 12 0’clock position this would likely be covered under the
Volkswagen goodwill policy as the rust is created from an external source rather than through corrosion, at  the moment VW are contributing up to 100%
For replacement wings. We would need you to bring the car to our body shop on sticker lane and ask for Steve or Matthew  who will inspect
& take pictures for us to submit a request to Volkswagen who would then either authorise or decline, if you need any further assistance
PLS  call or email.

Thanks."

Martin Langley
Warranty Executive
JCT600 VOLKSWAGEN BRADFORD

Offline th3_f15t

• Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 183
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101525.0.html
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2015, 05:06:51 pm »
If you've got a trusted friend, I'd personally go to them over VW. My girlfriend's car had to go back twice as after they corrected the wings the left scratches and dents on the rest of the car. If VW can at least just give you the new wings for free that may be a way ahead as well. If you're lucky you could pay your friend in instalments to ease the financial hit of it.

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline BenMiller692

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 05:38:59 pm »
Sounds promising Ruggy!
the3_f15t, i have considered it mate. Im going to take lots of pictures of my car before it goes in and make sure i get it back in good shape! Ive started saving for the rest haha