Make a donation

Author Topic: My BSH Catch Can experience.  (Read 15079 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: My BSH Catch Can experience.
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 12:40:03 pm »
Mine hasn't been fitted yet either. I didn't like the functionality of how the catch can is emptied. I'm looking at Nitrous injection at the moment as a low shot bhp increase, which will also act as a cleaner for the system. Water/meth injection can also do the same.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 07:39:48 pm by Hurdy »
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 02:16:52 pm »

Mine hasn't been fitted yet either. I didn't like the functionality of how the catch can is emptied.

....Funnily enough the BSH's 'tap' style of opening and emptying is one of the things I like about it - It's much more reliable than just a threaded bolt.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 05:09:12 pm »
Same here RR!

Also if you place the can in a good place you can empty without removing which is also a plus.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 05:43:57 pm »
mines works fine.  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 06:12:11 pm »
mines works fine.  :smiley:

Is that with the valve open Joe?   :wink: :laugh:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 06:13:40 pm »

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 07:11:09 pm »
^^^^
:laugh: - Mine worked extremely well with the tap open too.

So for the BSH tap : - PASS WITH HONOURS

But for the BSH instructions about the tap : - FAIL

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 07:13:21 pm by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 07:41:59 pm »

Mine hasn't been fitted yet either. I didn't like the functionality of how the catch can is emptied.

....Funnily enough the BSH's 'tap' style of opening and emptying is one of the things I like about it - It's much more reliable than just a threaded bolt.

Maybe it is just me then. The fact that I can't find a decent place to fit it due to my other mods means it would be a pain to empty. :sad1:
Golf R gone.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 08:08:36 pm »

Maybe it is just me then. The fact that I can't find a decent place to fit it due to my other mods means it would be a pain to empty. :sad1:

....Let me see if I can help : -

I'm assuming that you are not wanting to fit it adjacent to the bottles and charcoal cannister. So that then depends on which aftermarket air intake you want to run.

If oem there are several places where the tank can be fixed - Using the two holes on the slam panel to fit it in front of the fuses box. As an island in front of the battery (as I think stokeballoon posted pics of). Or if you have an intake such as a Forge Twintake which fills the area, then much further towards the front (see my pic with it not connected and intake temporarily removed). The ITG intake gives much more of a problem unless you fit it on the driver's side (UK) by the bottles.

Wherever you fit the BSH, the easiest way to empty is to loosen off the P-ring and waggle the cylinder upwards to better access the tap.

Obviously you don't want to be fitting it above the fans or similar spots to risk potential problems.

HTH  :happy2:

Offline Dubtek

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2009, 10:11:27 pm »
Wow, say it how it is Ian... :surprised:

In fairness, yes, it took me absolutely ages to get some steel equivalent fittings to replace your BSH versions, which were the first I'd seen that had begun to collapse/melt. I did in the end, manage to find some compact 90 degree steel fittings with an adaptor to marry them up with the USA thread in the pcv plate, NPT. (tapered) You felt these were both unsightly and wouldnt give you enough clearance (too bulky). Other than that, having spent a fair few hours looking at solutions, my only alternative was to offer new BSH replacements, which I was waiting on coming in.

These came in, today....so as of today, I can offer exactly as I offered - please pm/call me if you still want this solution and the replacements will be with you before the end of the week.

Yes I agree, my responses were not upto standard, and my excuses matter not now, but as Red Robin amongst others know, came at a time when my personal life was taking a hammering (arrival of baby / wife ill following birth / death of family member all in 8 weeks) , and we had no staff to cover things like this forum and its members. Dubtek is one of 3 businesses I run so in effect my absence from work only made for a reduced service between September/October.

I can assure normal service is now resumed and the way your problem has been handled is not the norm.

Likewise BSH are working fully with this club now and Dubtek to make their products 100% compatible with UK/Euro cars. Hats off to them as you dont see many other companies from across the pond joining UK forums to work directly with the members here to make products better.... :congrats:

I hope your experiences with us and BSH havent affected your confidence in the products or the companies too much and I hope we can be of assistance in the future. Please accept my honest apologies for any frustrations caused. :happy2:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2009, 10:14:10 pm »
Not fitted mine either as I wanted to change the piping but all these posts concern me and I wonder if i wil ever fit it?

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2009, 10:15:10 pm »
Thank you Ben.

Hope all is well now with your family.

:happy2:

Hope you also manage to help Ian out too!

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2009, 10:17:39 pm »
Not fitted mine either as I wanted to change the piping but all these posts concern me and I wonder if i wil ever fit it?

It will fit just fine don't worry, just make sure you plan ahead a little taking into consideration how you are going to empty the can and how future mods might impact the placement.  Is quite a simple job as well.

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2009, 10:22:58 pm »
In fairness to Ben he has been nothing but courteous in replying to my PM's after a protracted absence (reason now explained).
These things happen and I hoping all will be resolved soon  :happy2:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2009, 10:25:54 pm »

Thank you Ben.

Hope all is well now with your family.

:happy2:

Hope you also manage to help Ian out too!

.... x 2  :smiley:

I'll be wanting some of your HEL ss braided hoses in due course, Ben, and possibly/probably the bigger BSH 'Competition' can. I gotta fit my Forge Twintake first, then I know exactly what I'm working with. Stokeballoon very kindly helped me out moving the fixing position, as my pic in Reply #24.