Make a donation

Author Topic: Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002  (Read 1136 times)

Offline GAMO

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002
« on: February 11, 2015, 05:26:04 pm »
So i'm looking into buying some tires for my Stage 2+ ED30 I'm currently using Goodyear eagle F1 Assy 2's but I'm not massively impressed by their performance

I am considering Michelin PPS and Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002's.

There is loads of info on the michelins here and on t'interner. Has anyone on here have any views on the Bridgestone's?? Tried to look for info in the search but didn't come up with anything.

Mainly just want to know how well they grip in the dry. I'm looking for something that will perform well on fast road/track days this summer and possible some RWYB days. Not really concerned with wet grip, road noise, wear ect.

Price the michelins are about £115 a corner and the Bridgestone's are £75 so may be worth a punt to save £40 a corner.

Cheers Gamo

Offline Orc

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 25
    • Email
Re: Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 05:27:34 pm »
Had the Bridgestones on my edition before I swapped them for rsr federals, they were way too noisy for me. Gripped ok but nothing against the rsr

Offline GAMO

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 05:32:33 pm »

Had the Bridgestones on my edition before I swapped them for rsr federals, they were way too noisy for me. Gripped ok but nothing against the rsr

Thanks for the quick response!

Are you saying the RE002's are more grippy than the RSR??

Offline Orc

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 07:41:29 pm »
No the opposite buddy rsr is a road legal track tyre. Got them at a good price too.

Offline GAMO

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 07:56:45 am »

No the opposite buddy rsr is a road legal track tyre. Got them at a good price too.

Ahh I see! Yea the look to be very well priced! I know I said I'm not really concerned but can you still use them in the wet? And how well do they wear? I drive very easy in adverse weather but I wanna know I'll still be able to!

Gamo

Offline Orc

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 09:00:06 am »
Exceptional in the wet buddy I don't really use the edition but the wife sometimes take sit to work, I got them for her safety in the wet and obviously track days, they out perform the r888 ten fold and any other tyre I've so far tried to be honest I am very impressed

Offline GAMO

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 07:59:55 am »
Exceptional in the wet buddy I don't really use the edition but the wife sometimes take sit to work, I got them for her safety in the wet and obviously track days, they out perform the r888 ten fold and any other tyre I've so far tried to be honest I am very impressed

Thanks for the advice man. Gonna give them a go. Sourced them for £72 a corner so can complain.

Cheers Orc

GAMO

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 04:51:00 pm »
looked at the adrenalin today, only W rated in 17", not that that is a problem. Treadwear is only 220 so they are quite soft, wet grip and rim protector were only things worse than S001 comparing labels. Great tread pattern more like a track tyre. Went for me old friends S001 in the end, loads of miles  :smiley:
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder