Make a donation

Author Topic: Bluetooth Retrofit  (Read 7255 times)

Offline bartholomewdj

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Bluetooth Retrofit
« on: February 11, 2015, 11:57:11 pm »
First of all hello! Although I used this forum a huge amount when looking to buy my golf and have used it since for a lot of reference! I bought a Golf GTI Mk5 '08 in August, with RNS 510, MFSW and red highline, and I love it!
I have been looking around for a very long time at a bluetooth connectivity solution. I phoned up a few companies and was quoted between £300 and £400, and told I could only have Fiscon Basic Plus.

I was simply wondering what people's views of this kit are, especially the A2DP sound quality.
I'm trying to solve the problem of not being to play my own music from my phone and the problem of not being able to take calls while driving.

Maybe if someone on here is able to do this job I'd be happy to pay them, or if someone could supply me with the kit and show me a place to get it fitted?
Im based around Heathrow, London.

Thank you very much!
-Dave

Offline MAH

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
    • Email
Re: Bluetooth Retrofit
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 01:18:54 am »
David would be best to advice

I've got a Fisco basic plus kit fitted with my Rns 510. Just need to get it coded and Will let you know how it is.

Eddie-NL might be able to supply you with a Bluetooth kit

Offline bartholomewdj

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 07:27:54 pm »
Thanks,

It will be good to hear how you get on.
I'm also maybe looking at an aftermarket bluetooth kit, but I'm not sure how people get on with them compared to Fiscon.

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 07:58:31 pm »
hi dave.

ive had the fiscon.  it is a good kit as it displays in highline, rns, works with mfsw and does a2dp. but the a2dp sound isn't the best of quality.

5n0 vw bluetooth kit displays in rns and highline,  works with mfsw but no a2dp and works with limited phones

7p6 vw bluetooth has a2dp,  displays in rns but not in highline, unless u buy an additional part, works with all phones.

theres a skoda kit as well but is really expensive.  not sure if it works with all phones or displays in highline.

the vw mic quality is better than fiscon.

I can fit and code if you want. based In east London

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 08:05:43 pm »
I've just fitted a 7p6 bluetooth revision J.

This works perfectly with my iPhone 6 (transferring all the phone book info correctly) and plays music via bluetooth really well. With the right version head unit you get the track info on the head unit too. Quality is great and i'm very pick. Sounds just as good as my 3.5mm aux input.

I don't get control via my red dot highline clocks but it connected to the RCD510 without an issue. I guess the issue would come if you wanted to connect multiple phones and then choose which one to connect at any given time.

I paid £140 on eBay for the bluetooth module and loom and mic and fitted the module in the glovebox.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline MAH

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 08:21:37 pm »
hi dave.

ive had the fiscon.  it is a good kit as it displays in highline, rns, works with mfsw and does a2dp. but the a2dp sound isn't the best of quality.

5n0 vw bluetooth kit displays in rns and highline,  works with mfsw but no a2dp and works with limited phones

7p6 vw bluetooth has a2dp,  displays in rns but not in highline, unless u buy an additional part, works with all phones.

theres a skoda kit as well but is really expensive.  not sure if it works with all phones or displays in highline.

the vw mic quality is better than fiscon.

I can fit and code if you want. based In east London

Raz whats a2dp? Are the calls and volume clear through the bluetooth and speakers?

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 09:47:38 pm »
@MAH a2dp is streaming music from phone to speakers via bluetooth.  The fiscon a2dp is like listening to a 64kbps compressed audio files. really flat sound.  on the 7p6 kit which ive installed the a2dp sound is excellent!  as mentioned above it also displays sound info on the rns.

just in case anyone is curious,  I have a version B RNS 510 with fw 3800 and a 7p6 bluetooth and I get song info on my rns510.

Offline MAH

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 10:27:37 pm »
@MAH a2dp is streaming music from phone to speakers via bluetooth.  The fiscon a2dp is like listening to a 64kbps compressed audio files. really flat sound.  on the 7p6 kit which ive installed the a2dp sound is excellent!  as mentioned above it also displays sound info on the rns.

just in case anyone is curious,  I have a version B RNS 510 with fw 3800 and a 7p6 bluetooth and I get song info on my rns510.

I wont be using it to play music from my phone. I would just need Bluetooth to work properly with a clear sound. And for Bluetooth functionality to work with the high line cluster and multi function steering wheel

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 10:32:08 pm »
then you have no worries.I did a comparison on my Fiscon and 7p6 bluetooth kit. When I used the Fiscon you could tell I was in a car, with the 7p6 vw unit you cant hear the road.

Offline MAH

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 10:37:30 pm »
Do you think it's because of the microphone or the kit itself?
And if I wanted the other kit, how much would that set me back? And would it work with the highline, Rns and mfsw?

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 10:46:51 pm »
And if I wanted the other kit, how much would that set me back? And would it work with the highline, Rns and mfsw?

a few people on here have said that Fiscons quality control isnt great. i think they may have used a cheapy mic,

You can get a 1Z0035729 Skoda kit which displays in highline and rns but phone button doesnt work and is pricey.

What phone will you be using? If its a Samsung you can use a 5n0 which does highline and rns but once paired you use the rns and highline to answer and make calls, the 5n0 uses something called RSAP which means remote sim access so your 3g/4g will get cut off.

or get a 7p6 kit and add one of these to get it to work in highline

http://www.carsystems.pl/fis-link-can-box-converter-for-red-dot-matrix-fis-and-new-bt-modules,id687.html

you got my number bro, text me if you need more help

Offline MAH

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 11:40:22 pm »

Thanks bro, got an iPhone 6 plus. Will give you a shout later

a few people on here have said that Fiscons quality control isnt great. i think they may have used a cheapy mic,

You can get a 1Z0035729 Skoda kit which displays in highline and rns but phone button doesnt work and is pricey.

What phone will you be using? If its a Samsung you can use a 5n0 which does highline and rns but once paired you use the rns and highline to answer and make calls, the 5n0 uses something called RSAP which means remote sim access so your 3g/4g will get cut off.

or get a 7p6 kit and add one of these to get it to work in highline

http://www.carsystems.pl/fis-link-can-box-converter-for-red-dot-matrix-fis-and-new-bt-modules,id687.html

you got my number bro, text me if you need more help

Offline Milkman123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
  • My Ride: Black GT 170TDi. Full leather, RCD510, 18" charlestones, MDI., only 35k on her from new
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 09:01:33 pm »
Hi guys hope you don't mind me jumping on but I'm having some right trouble  :scared: any assistance would be amazing
Iv searched high and low in forum can't find anything.
Iv got an RCD510 with Bluetooth module and a loom
Phone works I can accept calls and talk. Can manually type numbers in
My problem lies with the phone book. All the names are there in order I press say 'DAD' then comes up incorrect number. Click on 'DAD' and his number is for EG  ++€><0765_~~73(*~

I have no faults. Iv looked a million times in coding adaptions....nothing   :sad1:
I'm running RCD510 3c8 035 190
BT module 7P6 035730M
With a IPHONE 6 ios8.3

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 09:46:56 pm »
try a different phone to see if it still does it
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Milkman123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
  • My Ride: Black GT 170TDi. Full leather, RCD510, 18" charlestones, MDI., only 35k on her from new
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 01:15:35 am »
Right.... Iv tested with HTC one and a Samsung both have jumbled up gone book numbers also mic is echoing and can't hardly make out why anyone is saying  :surprised: