Make a donation

Author Topic: No volume control on mfsw...  (Read 1708 times)

Offline wagon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
No volume control on mfsw...
« on: February 14, 2015, 08:36:26 pm »
Hi,

I've been given a rns-Columbus (3t0 035 680 c). I've today updated my can gateway from a version F to a version AA. Ok so I've got a couple of issues.

First being that the volume mute phone buttons (Al left hand side buttons) on the mfsw don't do anything. The right hand side buttons are fine.

I have tired trying the different options in the mfd but I get nothing from the left hand side buttons.

I also don't have an "Audio" option in the mfd. but I do see the station/track/sat nav info.

Second issue is I'd like to instal the latest VW firmware on it, where can I get this for the unit. I'm not fussed by the green lights on the buttons. If I can't do this can you tell me what is the latest version I can install on my unit.

Then last thing is I don't know how to set the speakers up correctly, I've tried all sorts of different options in vcds. Pain being is that I don't know what was there in the first place. How will I find out what kit I have installed from factory (sound system wise).

My car is a my06 gti 3dr dsg.
Chris.

Offline NoelRev

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
Re: No volume control on mfsw...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 01:35:57 pm »
Hi Chris

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever get to the bottom of it? My volume buttons were however working and just stopped randomly. Can't get the audio option on the MFD either.

Cheers
Noel

Offline wagon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 01:48:42 pm »
Hi Noel,

No just gave up in the end,. really annoying. that the left hand buttons dont do anything.

i think in order to get it working i had to turn something on in the coding, it was a bit random, but the MFD just started working.

ill get VCDS back on it tomorrow night and let you know what i had changed.

im thinking to put my old head unit back in anyway, as im not that keen on the RNS510. the satnav is rubbish and menus are very awkward to use while driving.

if someone else knows how to get the MFSW volume buttons working it would be a great help.

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 02:06:46 pm »
you need to untick the BAP box in vcds, that should fix the audio menu issue.

Offline wagon

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 02:07:58 pm »
That's it.!!!!

Offline NoelRev

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 02:57:45 pm »
Happy Days,

Gonna see if I can find someone in Ireland with VCDS to do this. Strange though that my buttons were working and have just randomly stopped.