Make a donation

Author Topic: New car detail prices and recommendations *Now done :)*  (Read 12321 times)

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 42
  • Got another Golf!
Re: New car detail prices and recommendations
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 09:07:57 pm »
I have had my car done by http://www.g3valeting.co.uk/ in the past They are based near Sherborne but are also mobile. They provide a very good service and his regular clients have some pretty prestige motors.

Where abouts in the Bournemouth area are you i'm in Wimborne

Cheers, I'll check it out. I'm in Ferndown.
'16 MK7 Golf 1.4TSI Match Edition

dansmith180

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 12:29:50 pm »
@GTi-Andy My boss recommended these guys, they're Gtechniq approved and he said from what he's seen there work is very good. Also they're a bit closer to you than the last ones  :laugh:

http://www.altecdetailing.co.uk/

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 02:59:47 pm »
NorthYorkshire - you have Jay at Miglior, in Lancashire just over the border  :signLOL:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline GTi-Andy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 03:30:19 pm »
@GTi-Andy My boss recommended these guys, they're Gtechniq approved and he said from what he's seen there work is very good. Also they're a bit closer to you than the last ones  :laugh:

http://www.altecdetailing.co.uk/

Cheers Dan

So much for keeping it standard!

Offline GTi-Andy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 03:31:12 pm »
NorthYorkshire - you have Jay at Miglior, in Lancashire just over the border  :signLOL:

Yeah, I was going to go him, but even that's over an hour away from me

Was really looking for someone closer

So much for keeping it standard!

Offline jaffa

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 44
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90080.0.html
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 03:37:26 pm »
www.tdinternational.co.uk

My brother used him to do a g technic on his s3 did a great job

dansmith180

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 04:03:01 pm »

Yeah, I was going to go him, but even that's over an hour away from me

Was really looking for someone closer

Yeah I thought it may still not be perfect, he is supposed to be very good though.

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 05:35:51 pm »
Looks like I'm gonna have to take my car back to the dealer to complain about the paintwork first anyway. It was dark when I picked it up last night so I couldn't check it. Now I see it today in the light its in a shocking state! Big scratches all over the paintwork. Must have happened when they valeted it. Its like they dried it with a cloth that they had rubbed into the ground first! Its going to need at least a machine polish to get those marks out. I'm dubious if even that will remove all the marks  :sad1:

dansmith180

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 05:48:29 pm »
Sounds about right, 99% of dealers have no idea how to treat a car. However just complain enough and they should pay out to have it done professionally, we've had quite a few customers who've managed to get the dealers to pay our invoice.

Good luck   :happy2:

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 07:10:16 pm »
Sounds about right, 99% of dealers have no idea how to treat a car. However just complain enough and they should pay out to have it done professionally, we've had quite a few customers who've managed to get the dealers to pay our invoice.

Good luck   :happy2:

Cheers, i'll do my best.

Offline SamMas

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 10:56:57 pm »
@dansmith180 did ya ask around for me matey?

I asked and we don't know anyone personally but there's this place

http://dmndetailingworks.co.uk/

He's on detailing world and his work seems pretty good, i'd ask around first and maybe have a chat with him but looks good.

Cheers Dan

But this guy is in Dorset, Im up in North Yorkshire! a wee bit too far,  :grin:

@GTi-Andy There's always Swissvax near you buddy, their UK head office is based in Knaresborough.

Very helpful people and definitely know their stuff!

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 12:40:38 am »
As said, new cars can be sh*te or good.. depends... normally if it's a brand new car we would either get the car delivered straight from the dealer to us or get it brought in as soon as otherwise possible. It's best to stress on the dealer that you DO NOT WANT THEM TO WASH, POLISH, OR PREPARE THE CAR for you.
Many will often try to be like "oh we can't deliver a dirty new car to you" - but you need to enforce upon them that you do not want it washed or polished..

We managed to do a brand new F30 335 xdrive in one late afternoon..arrived at something like 3pm and he drove it away at 10) -
that was driven from the dealer to the unit and we even managed to cquartz it ... only a few sections on a few panels needed any sort of polishing work and fortunately they were fairly light so came out in one or two passes with a fine abraisive so no need for refinement.

Usual is 2 or 3 days (but this depends) and usually around the £200-300 Mark...the last new car detail we did was a Fiesta from my memory which came in at £220 or there abouts with a decent wax... Cquartz Ceramic coating would add another £150 or so to the price as we need the car for longer really to let the coating properly cure and the extra time of application. this is what i had on my GTI and it was still beading away after 6 months without any top up products applied.

at end of the day we generally give a fixed price and sometimes you get less work than anticipated and sometimes (nearly always) you get more but that's the way it goes.

The normal cost for an enhancement is around the £350 on a Golf Mk5 sized car (most of our work is enhancements which gives you the kind of difference you get is as below) ..

We are based in Newbury but a bit far away from you- Although I have a few write ups in the detailers section if you were so interested and there's always the train home  :signLOL: :signLOL:

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:43:28 am by xjay1337 »

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2015, 07:24:29 pm »
Cheers for that Jay. I wish I had asked them not to wash it now! However with it being a pre-reg car it had been on the forecourt for a while already, so it may have had several gritty washes before I got it anyway. I'm still waiting to hear what they are gonna do to correct the sh*te paintwork. However i'm sure it will still benefit from some professional treatment afterwards.
 I am aware of the quality work that you do and if you were closer then I think I would be paying you a visit. I don't suppose you have heard of any places with good reputations in my area at all?

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 12:32:42 am »
If you were so inclined, most places offer that Supagard crap as a "treatment" for £300... say you'd rather the dealer pay towards a professional detail.

I haven't used them myself and I have aboslutely no affiliation with them, but I've seen a lot of good work from http://www.envyvaleting.co.uk on Detailing World... very local to you too.

Offline homesqueeze

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Got another Golf!
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2015, 12:13:07 pm »
If you were so inclined, most places offer that Supagard crap as a "treatment" for £300... say you'd rather the dealer pay towards a professional detail.

I haven't used them myself and I have aboslutely no affiliation with them, but I've seen a lot of good work from http://www.envyvaleting.co.uk on Detailing World... very local to you too.

Yeah they did offer me lifeshine for £200. I have read on here before that its no good, so I declined that.
Cheers for that, I had a look and the seem to do good work, but thats still over an hours drive from me. I'm going to see whats available in the Poole/Bournemouth area.