Make a donation

Author Topic: BE ADVISED - Ultra LEDs CS = shocking.  (Read 7007 times)

Offline Nino

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
BE ADVISED - Ultra LEDs CS = shocking.
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:39:51 am »
Hi all, I am extremly fuming right now, I would adivse that none of you ever use Ultra LEDs.

See below, I strongly think I am going to have to contact my bank for a refund if I do not get a suttible response from the below email I just sent, absolutly terrible customer service, I will NEVER use them again. *rant over* you have been warned. i'll keep you all updated, IF I get a reply.

========================================================
Good morning,

I would like to make an official complaint about the below order.

I called your returns department this morning and I think I spoke with Rob? At approx 10:03am today, 24/02/2015.
I explained to him that I am still waiting for my below order and that I was calling because I had not had a reply to my below email.
Rob explained to me that it appears to have been lost in the post as it was dispatched on the 16th he then advised that I had to now wait over 3 weeks from today’s date then I had to contact royal mail in order to get my refund.

I explained to you colleague that I felt this was extremely incorrect and that if a refund for lost products was required from royal mail then I felt that your company would need to apply for this and not me. I made this order with your company in good faith, and to put it simply, I paid for a product, and it has not arrived, Upon looking at your terms and conditions on your website, what your colleague informed me was completely incorrect and I quote:

“What happens if items go missing in the post? (UK only)
If Items go missing in the post, Royal Mail terms and conditions state
"No claims can be made until 15 working days has passed from the date of posting"
after the 15 days has elapsed (UK only) we will put a claim in with Royal Mail (this takes Royal Mail up to 30 days to investigate) Any customer that provides incorrect address details will have to reply on Royal Mail returning the items to us as they do not allow us to make a claim if the customer has supplied the wrong or incorrect address details.”

Furthermore, I was not asking for a refund more simply a replacement, due to this I feel I should be sent a replacement and you should then claim for a refund, not me.
His response was extremely unprofessional, in terms of that he told me “It’s only a £5.40 order so we won’t really do anything about it”

He then went on you say “it’s your fault for not paying for recorded delivery anyway” I responded with, do not speak to me like that and not to patronise me, it clearly states in my order that the order should take around 3 days, which he then laughed and pointed out to me that there is a “plus” sign next to the delivery information which he said can take however long it takes, at this point he then hung up on me.

I am not happy with the level of service that received, if at all.
The response was very unprofessional, even if the order was for only £5.40 it is the principle, and if needed, due to the above I will take this further if a suitable solution cannot be met.

I feel  an acceptable amount of time for a response to this email is 5 working days which will take us to 04/03/2015, if I do not get a suitable response I will taking this further.

Kind Regards,
Nino.

Sent: 20 February 2015 20:52
To: 'Ultraleds Sales'
Subject: RE: Ultra Leds: Invoice # Information removed for Order # Information removed

Hi Team,

Just wondering when I could expect my order to arrive please?
The below states 3 day +, but from tomorrow (Saturday 21/02) that will be 7 full days since my order.

Could you please look into this please?

Kind Regards,
Nino.

Sent: 14 February 2015 15:50
To: Nino
Subject: Ultra Leds: Invoice # Information removed for Order # Information removed

Hello, Nino
Thank you for your order from Ultra Leds. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at returns@ultraleds.co.uk or call us at 0800 088 3300 . We are Open From 10-5pm Monday to Thursday and 10-4pm Friday
Your Invoice #Information removed for Order #Information removed
Billing Information:      Payment Method:
Information removed
Information removed
Information removed
Information removed
Information removed
T: Information removed       Sage Pay Server
CC Type:   

CC Number:   Information removed

Shipping Information:      Shipping Method:
Information removed
Information removed
Information removed
Information removed
United Kingdom
T: Information removed        Ultraleds Shipping Methods - Standard Delivery 3 Day +   

Item   Sku   Qty   Subtotal
(239) 37mm 6 WA SMT Leds Festoon 1W=11W output Cool White    U376UCW   1   £2.50
Subtotal    £3.00       
Shipping & Handling    £2.40       
Grand Total (Excl.Tax)    £4.50       
Tax    £0.90      
Grand Total (Incl.Tax)    £5.40       

Thank you again, Ultra Leds
Ultra Leds Ltd, The Green, Green Street, Macclesfield, SK101JH. VAT: GB 829 4626 00

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 12:59:45 pm by Nino »

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
Re: WARNING - Do not order from Ultra LEDS
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 11:27:37 am »
Get a grip ! I think you will find they have thousands of happy customers ...
Items sent by post sometimes don't go to plan
15 working days is 3 weeks ....
Why put the minor complaint on here and harm their business ? If you have many other examples then fair enough .... Do you ?

I ordered sveveral  things from them in the past and have been very helpful , i have some led's that don't work for my Landrover , i just chucked them away , it would cost as much to send them back as i would get refund

They are far from a dodgy company of which i have no connection

https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/ultra-leds
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:38:20 am by garrardrj »
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Nino

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 12:13:58 pm »
Before you have a go at me, I was annoyed at the way I was treated when I called them. I was given 0% customer service, and lied to.

To further show how "Great" they are, I have had a response showing I have had a refund,  no sorry for the issues nothing, more to the point I didn't want a refund I wanted what I ordered.

So Yes I will tell people and if it harms there bussiness then they only themselves to blame.

I'm sure, should the shoe be on another foot, you or anyone else would feel its unacceptable to wait over 20 days for something you have ordered just to find out IF they are willing to do something about it.

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 12:28:15 pm »
So you have your £5.40 back .... Suggest you delete this then ?
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 12:28:26 pm »
I've ordered from them a few times and never had any issues with quality or delivery times etc, but the way they've spoken to a customer in your case is pretty shocking.
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 12:32:04 pm »
Public forum and you speaking of your individual experience is fair enough, maybe change the thread title to something more fitting. Way I see it, its more important to look after your customers when things go wrong. If this is how they deal with complaints then they have a problem or two.

Offline SiofChester

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 12:54:48 pm »
I've ordered from them a few times and never had any issues with quality or delivery times etc, but the way they've spoken to a customer in your case is pretty shocking.

But you dont know this to be the case. This could be complete BS, they could have actually replied saying "I'm sorry your order appears lost in the post, I'll do you a refund right now". Puts a different perspective on it if that was the case!

Hence, posting winges like the OP did, are pointless!!!!!!

Offline Nino

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 12:59:21 pm »
Well, I see where your coming from but if I rang them, and they said what you just suggested, what would I gain exactly?

Seeing as I have had a refund (so it seems will need to check bank) I will change the title, But my "winge" is still valid as the response I received was not satisfactory.

"Funds should show back on the card used within the next 3 days. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at returns@ultraleds.co.uk or call us at 0800 088 3300 . We are Open From 10-5pm Monday to Thursday and 10-4pm Friday"

Bravo, fantasic customer service, I didn't want a refund.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 01:03:08 pm by Nino »

Offline Llew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 17
Re: BE ADVISED - Ultra LEDs CS = shocking.
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 01:05:24 pm »
I googled ultraleds complaints and there are similar cs issues from a while back
Golf 2006 tdi 140pd, dsg paddles,blue interior led lights,r32 rear bumper, cruise control,vcds,highline , r32 mfsw steering wheel, gti front bumper,miltek decat.

Offline SiofChester

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 01:27:14 pm »

Seeing as I have had a refund (so it seems will need to check bank) I will change the title, But my "winge" is still valid as the response I received was not satisfactory.

This is your opinion for both the bits I've highlighted in bold above. Personally, I must be more laid back than you but I'd have been happy with their response of "wait a few weeks"!

Kam88

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 01:43:16 pm »
To be honest the LEDs probably cost the place 10p if that as they all from China worth pennie and postage probably be 50p so they should of just resent it !!!

Good on you mate and when people who do business don't want to help a customer they should be named and shamed !

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 01:45:18 pm »
Take it further... to what? Court, over £5.40?
 :signLOL:

dansmith180

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 02:02:21 pm »
In fairness I think it sounds more like the person you spoke to was a cock rather than the company being sh*t. Its true Royal Mail won't consider investigating until 3 weeks. They should have offers to send replacements and been more polite but again I think that comes down to the bloke you talked to than the company as a whole.

Kam88

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 02:24:33 pm »
It's not £5.40 regardless of how much it is. It's the principle also when a person working for the company is a fool then It's the company responsible for them as they actually represent the company.

Offline Nino

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 02:56:49 pm »
It's not £5.40 regardless of how much it is. It's the principle also when a person working for the company is a fool then It's the company responsible for them as they actually represent the company.

Exactly my point