Make a donation

Author Topic: My Edition 30  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Stoich_87

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
My Edition 30
« on: March 23, 2015, 09:47:26 pm »
Well, new on the forum so thought i'd share. Got this back in September, was pretty much spur of the moment came up near me for sale had no intention of buying. Had a test drive then ended up with it the next day.

Its pretty standard spec with not a lot of extras but i do plan on fitting some in time.
Mod wise, it was totally standard. I've now had a Revo stage 1 map done, which completely transformed the car.

I had this fot a couple of months and then my wife decided she wanted somethin instead of her 1 series diesel so we bought this. Unfortunately it mat be for sale soon, as there is a baby on the way now.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:31:13 pm by Stoich_87 »

Kam88

Re: My Edition 30 & Wifes Leon Cupra
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 11:16:55 pm »
I got ed3 but have to say love the seat

Offline Stoich_87

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 10:00:25 pm »
Not a lot been happening really. Leon was for sale (baby on the way) but never really got anything but stupid offers.

Since it looked like its staying, I decided to swap the coilovers from it on to the Edition and put the standard setup on the Leon, make it a little more comfortable for family living. After doing a bit research on how to change them imwas slightly worried it was going to be pretty difficult, but it really wasn't as bad as some people say.

I'm pretty chuffed with the way the Edition sits. Coilovers are AP they do ride quite well especially for being fairly low.

Next up is some paint for the Edition. It's pretty tired looking on the tailgate, drivers sill and rear arches are starting to bubble slightly. It's going to my local VW on saturday morning to check if it can get done under the corrosion warranty. fingers crossed.

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 11:41:39 pm »
Good luck with that I just got VW to agree to do my two front arches and the boot for free. result! :happy2:

Offline Disco stew

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 08:58:16 am »
Thats a great result how did you manage to blag that? When i contacted vw they declined any involvement in cost!

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 09:57:36 am »
Your driveway is similar to mine, have my silver Edition30 and the wife has silver Leon FR BTCC, both great cars!!  :happy2:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Stoich_87

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 01:18:53 pm »
Seems to be a bit hit and miss with VW fixing rust. Fingers crossed I get them in a good mood tomorrow.

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 07:24:56 pm »
Thats a great result how did you manage to blag that? When i contacted vw they declined any involvement in cost!

@Disco stew no idea to be honest the guy was quite helpful be even pointed out the rust starting to build on my drivers Arch which I hadn't even noticed! As @Stoich_87 has mentioned it appears to be a bit hit and miss. Try a different VW branch perhaps?

Offline Stoich_87

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 03:36:12 pm »
Well...having been in to VW this morning they've agreed to do the sill repair with a 50% contribution and one of the rear arches needs to get confirmed by head office, but the guy seemed fairly confident it would get done free of charge. Unfortunately the other rear arch and the tailgate have been painted previously so nothing they can do with them.

I'm fairly happy that i'm at least going to get some sort of saving though. Definitely worth it.

Offline Stoich_87

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 03:24:11 pm »
Forgot i hadn't updated this. Got the repairs done at vw was very happy with the results and they did the tailgate as a homer for £90.

Leon is now sold. Took months of timewasters but finally got a good price for it. Unfortunately it was replaced with a Ford c-max.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:25:58 pm by Stoich_87 »

Offline Stoich_87

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 03:53:32 pm »
Edition is currently off the road for winter. In the meantine i've managed to source some S3 brakes. Its a full package with basically everything i need. Managed the get the lot for £490, which i thought was very good. Going to get them painted and on the car in the next couple of weeks along with a wheel refurb.