Make a donation

Author Topic: Poorboys Black Hole advice.  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Dave7692

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
Poorboys Black Hole advice.
« on: April 14, 2015, 01:27:52 pm »
Hi there,

I have just changed my car and I now have metallic black paint rather than graphite blue on my golf.  I'm now looking at Poorboys black hole to help tidy the paintwork up for summer, what I need to know is, does BH replace polish in the washing process?

For example with my golf I used to pressure wash to get the worst off, then 2 bucket hand wash, AutoGlym Polish and finally Dodo Juice purple haze wax.  When it comes to using black hole does it just replace the polish in the routine or do I polish, then BH and then finally wax?

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
Re: Poorboys Black Hole advice.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 03:03:01 pm »
Blackhole is exactly the same type of product as Super Resin Polish.
You'd get much better results doing a quick polish with a DA on a medium pad with a medium to light polish in not much longer time.

Offline Dave7692

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 03:27:19 pm »
Cheers for the info, I don't have a DA polisher at the moment but it is next on the "to buy" list. 

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 05:57:06 pm »
I found black hole gave better results than srp on my black Honda's and 207 (yes I know, but embarrassing admitting the 207) don't know how much difference it would on vw paint

Offline Jesta

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 02:57:32 pm »
I also used black hole on my black hondas and it was good. Have used it on the graphite blue gti and it works ok as well.

The thing to remember is that black hole is a glaze, so it is purely cosmetic to help deepen the colour a bit and cover up finer marks.

If i'm honest though, I've found that Zymol cleaner wax does all that black hole does but its a wax so also provides a bit of protection. Alot of people slate the zymol cleaner wax as it's manufactured by turtle wax, but ive been using it for years as a quick and easy go to and it works great and gives realy nice deep clean shine particualrly on dark paint.

there is better out there im sure but for the price you genuinely cant go wrong with it. It does kick up a fair bit of dust though so a microfibre wipe down afterwards is defo needed!